Covid-19 got me.......

Supposed to fly out tomorrow - daughter got her test results this morning - positive...... Three years of prepping and stopped short the day before....... Well - hopefully her symptoms will stay mild and we will all get through this...... Have to stay in shape for next year!!
Safe hunting and good luck to all the Team hunting Colorado's Third Rifle Season!!!!!
God Bless...... A very disappointed Buckeye.......:(

NoWiser

WKR
What a bummer. Best wishes that your family gets through it without any issues.

I'm headed to Idaho tomorrow and came down with a cold yesterday. Getting Covid before my trip has been worrying me for the last few weeks.

Laramie

WKR
Supposed to fly out tomorrow - daughter got her test results this morning - positive...... Three years of prepping and stopped short the day before....... Well - hopefully her symptoms will stay mild and we will all get through this...... Have to stay in shape for next year!!
Safe hunting and good luck to all the Team hunting Colorado's Third Rifle Season!!!!!
God Bless...... A very disappointed Buckeye.......:(
Rent a vehicle and drive out... Pay at the pump and be responsible but don't stop living until you are forced to. Life is too short to miss a hunting season. If you actually get too sick to hunt, cut the hunt short and drive home. I am aware of several guys who hunted elk this year while being Covid positive. None got any symptoms bad enough to even stop hunting.

Yea what a bummer. Everyone I knew who was positive had very mild symptoms. Less than a common cold. I would drive and go hunt!

So just another thought on the “just go hunt” mantra above...

Ohio is quite low altitude, CO hunting is not. Let’s say this guy gets the chest congestion that is very common with covid, couple that with the altitude, and the. S is stuck on the mountain unable to breath well and feels too unwell to move...what then?
I know the mortality rate with covid is very low, but seriously people need to realize it is a respiratory illness (among other things) and going to altitude and exerting yourself in the early phases of the illness probably isn’t the best personal choice.

OP
OhioState84
Rent a vehicle and drive out... Pay at the pump and be responsible but don't stop living until you are forced to. Life is too short to miss a hunting season. If you actually get too sick to hunt, cut the hunt short and drive home. I am aware of several guys who hunted elk this year while being Covid positive. None got any symptoms bad enough to even stop hunting.
Dept of health has required us to quarantine - Dont think they would go for it - nor would my work........ Not worth the risk ..... but trust me - I completely understand your train of thought!!!!

OP
OhioState84
So just another thought on the “just go hunt” mantra above...

Ohio is quite low altitude, CO hunting is not. Let’s say this guy gets the chest congestion that is very common with covid, couple that with the altitude, and the. S is stuck on the mountain unable to breath well and feels too unwell to move...what then?
I know the mortality rate with covid is very low, but seriously people need to realize it is a respiratory illness (among other things) and going to altitude and exerting yourself in the early phases of the illness probably isn’t the best personal choice.
Dont want to put my hunting partners at risk.... nor anyone else...... agree with your assessment....... Thanks!

TheGDog

WKR
Keep an eye... or rather an ear... open for listening to her coughs. Soon as they start sounding bronchial at all, take her in and get her started, at least with a Z-Pac. When the coughing gets worse Promethazine/Codiene Cough Syrup and the Benzotonate Pearls to fight the cough. Vaporizer poured thick with the Camphor/Eucalyptus solution while trying to sleep. And just for shits and giggles, get some Echinecea and GoldenSeal tincture drops. Do a dropper full into like some Orange Juice or something like that. Twice a day. Focus on crammin' good veggies and primo nutrition down her throat. Also if she sometimes has long drawn-out cases of Bronchitis in her past. You may also find that using an inhalable CorticoSteriod such as the Advair disqus or products like that. Can help greatly. If any of you get it developing strong, that fever will require lots and lots of fluids. Iced Tea w/ Lemon was all I consumed the first 2 days of it.

OP
OhioState84
Keep an eye... or rather an ear... open for listening to her coughs. Soon as they start sounding bronchial at all, take her in and get her started, at least with a Z-Pac. When the coughing gets worse Promethazine/Codiene Cough Syrup and the Benzotonate Pearls to fight the cough. Vaporizer poured thick with the Camphor/Eucalyptus solution while trying to sleep. And just for shits and giggles, get some Echinecea and GoldenSeal tincture drops. Do a dropper full into like some Orange Juice or something like that. Twice a day. Focus on crammin' good veggies and primo nutrition down her throat. Also if she sometimes has long drawn-out cases of Bronchitis in her past. You may also find that using an inhalable CorticoSteriod such as the Advair disqus or products like that. Can help greatly. If any of you get it developing strong, that fever will require lots and lots of fluids. Iced Tea w/ Lemon was all I consumed the first 2 days of it.
Thanks!!

I feel you buddy, I'm a Colorado local waiting on my test results - I was supposed to leave for the western slope this morning for third rifle. We'll see what the results come back as and then make the decision of what to do. As a local I'll be hunting at a lower altitude than I live and never more than a mile from the truck so I'm certainly considering going anyways and "self isolating."

OP
OhioState84
Hope you get good results either way....... 14 days of reading others post - next year, the good Lord willing - I'll be posting one....

God Bless

Man. That is a bummer to say the least. Wish you guys a safe recovery!
Did you contact the CPW and return your tags? If they were a draw tag maybe someone will be able to pick them up off the leftovers before tomorrow.

Laramie

WKR
Dept of health has required us to quarantine - Dont think they would go for it - nor would my work........ Not worth the risk ..... but trust me - I completely understand your train of thought!!!!
I understand where you are coming from but consider this. You are not Covid positive. Not everyone exposed gets it and then a lot of those that do test positive show little to no symptoms. What can the Dept of health really do other than "ask" you to quarantine. You already had the time off from work so they can't do a thing either. I wouldn't condone being irresponsible and risking others but the measures our society is asking people to go to are crazy imo.

Sorry to hear it. I’ve had a couple of whitetail hunts ruined by this... but those’ll get made up. Hope you and yours have no serious illness. That’s what really matters.

TheGDog

WKR
I feel you buddy, I'm a Colorado local waiting on my test results - I was supposed to leave for the western slope this morning for third rifle. We'll see what the results come back as and then make the decision of what to do. As a local I'll be hunting at a lower altitude than I live and never more than a mile from the truck so I'm certainly considering going anyways and "self isolating."
Just an FYI... my Primary Care discouraged me from getting the tests we happen to have available now. She said the Results aren't very trustworthy. And that under certain conditions you can get false Positives AND false Negatives.

OP
OhioState84
Man. That is a bummer to say the least. Wish you guys a safe recovery!
Did you contact the CPW and return your tags? If they were a draw tag maybe someone will be able to pick them up off the leftovers before tomorrow.
OTC....... trying for a refund.... will see

marktole

WKR
I was out for second rifle. Got some cell service on a ridge at 11,000 feet and had a text and voicemail from my boss. I called him up and he informed me I had definitely been exposed to covid because the department sent a bunch of guys on my shift home. Including my entire crew. 2 out of 4 of my crew tested positive. They both exhibited symptoms. I was solo hunting so I was just careful about being too close to anyone I ran into and finished my hunt. Counted it as a week of my “quarantine.” Never exhibited any symptoms if I was carrying it.

Sorry to hear this. Keep your daughter, yourself, and your family healthy. There is always next year; I am not just saying that. My entire season has been canceled do to medical issues that I continue to go through. You and your families health is the most important thing.

OP
OhioState84
Sorry to hear this. Keep your daughter, yourself, and your family healthy. There is always next year; I am not just saying that. My entire season has been canceled do to medical issues that I continue to go through. You and your families health is the most important thing.
Agree with you!!! Thanks for your feedback!!!