CPW - Nov Agenda - Proposing Big Game changes & other info

Hunterbug

FNG
I agree, i'd push rifle seasons out a week later and plop ML right down where first rifle was. Since that wont happen... suppose i'll be keeping my eye out for a good piece of 500 sq in orange to wear.... been hunting archery so long i have almost no quality orange gear anymore.
Although wearing orange is not ideal when trying to get close, it's still possible.

CoHiCntry

WKR
I will be very, very surprised if archery hunters have to start wearing orange. Splitting the seasons seems like the option that makes the most sense if any change at all takes place?

Archery first 3 weeks of September, then ML the last week of September. Or close archery during the ML season.

CBA will throw a fit if anything changes the current archery opportunities. And the CSMLA is pretty much worthless when it comes to promoting ML to the CPW.

Gerbdog

WKR
I will be very, very surprised if archery hunters have to start wearing orange. Splitting the seasons seems like the option that makes the most sense if any change at all takes place?

Archery first 3 weeks of September, then ML the last week of September. Or close archery during the ML season.

CBA will throw a fit if anything changes the current archery opportunities. And the CSMLA is pretty much worthless when it comes to promoting ML to the CPW.
I gave this some thought also and then i realized... there's no way im giving up that last week of archery season. Thats my favorite week, ML can keep the week theyre currently in

edited to add: or i'll just wear orange.

I find it interesting that it’s only for ML season, no talk about the bear rifle that is the same season dates as archery. Why only make it for ML season and not the entire archery season then since rifles will be out.
Good point, there is also a high alpine rifle deer season coinciding and antelope. Muzzleloaders seem the least lethal out of all those

tdhanses

WKR
I have to say I don’t understand why no changes to otc 2 & 3rd rifle, even if to just make it a bull only tag. I don’t understand why they removed the either sex archery yet still allow for this when these seasons probably account for a majority of elk taken in their respective units.

ColoradoV

WKR
Seems reasonable to start archery 9 days early, have a break for muzzy as well as all the rifle seasons then archery for the final 2 weeks after muzzy.

Same number of days less conflicts. Best decision for the most users.

CoHiCntry

WKR
Seems reasonable to start archery 9 days early, have a break for muzzy as well as all the rifle seasons then archery for the final 2 weeks after muzzy.

Except those rifle bear tags that are open the whole month of September.

sndmn11

WKR
If you guys write emails to the commission, I think it would be wise to write Marie separately. I have known her professionally for fifteen years and she is a spitfire of an outfitter and runs a really good operation with JML.

This agenda is the main reason why I do not send any money to the CBA. They continually fall short of representing bowhunters in this state in affecting regulation changes. The criminal action of .000001% of participants should not result in further restrictions against all.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

Hunterbug

FNG
I have to say I don’t understand why no changes to otc 2 & 3rd rifle, even if to just make it a bull only tag. I don’t understand why they removed the either sex archery yet still allow for this when these seasons probably account for a majority of elk taken in their respective u

I have to say I don’t understand why no changes to otc 2 & 3rd rifle, even if to just make it a bull only tag. I don’t understand why they removed the either sex archery yet still allow for this when these seasons probably account for a majority of elk taken in their respective units.
It is bull only for 2nd and 3rd rifle OTC. But I wouldn't mind seeing them do away with the OTC all together. Then people will have to draw a bull tag to hunt instead of getting a point and buying an OTC tag to hunt. Maybe that will help with point creep.

tdhanses

WKR
It is bull only for 2nd and 3rd rifle OTC. But I wouldn't mind seeing them do away with the OTC all together. Then people will have to draw a bull tag to hunt instead of getting a point and buying an OTC tag to hunt. Maybe that will help with point creep.
That’s good to hear, for some reason I thought when they changed the sw units to draw for archery and made them bull only people were complaining that 2nd and 3rd where still either sex, obviously i don’t hunt those tags, lol.

Laramie

WKR

Bulls are pretty vulnerable the last part of August. I wouldn't be in favor personally for elk.

this appears to be on the agenda also but is listed under “issues identification” is n the consent agenda, anyone know if that means it is up for implementation or just discussion?
- Excluding five preference point or more licenses and public Ranching for Wildlife licenses returned or not paid for in the Primary Draw from the secondary draw.

Jwknutson17

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Muzzle loader during first week of October would be a huge step to removing that huge S*** show out of what is a nice peaceful archery season.

Archery guys wearing orange... ya I don't think many will comply. Sure, take it when you get leave the truck but good luck finding guys back in it.

Poser

WKR
Muzzle loader during first week of October would be a huge step to removing that huge S*** show out of what is a nice peaceful archery season.

Nice, peaceful archery season….

giphy.gif

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
Somebody had better get all the different hunting points of view together and have a united voice before we all poo on each other and everyone ends up with a poor outcome.

The outcome always seems to be poor