Creepy experiences in the backcountry

I agree that most things have an explanation but what I saw was in the sky overhead, no way it was an airport beacon.
Not saying what you saw couldn't have been something else, but what I saw WAS in the sky. I'm still not exactly sure what conditions it takes to make it appear, but I have seen it fairly high up already. Sometimes you can only see one direction, but sometimes you can see the light on the far side as well, making lights that go opposite directions. Sometimes they will flicker on and off too. I will admit that I was a little unnerved the first time I saw it but I'm pretty tickled that I figured out what it was rather than write it off as unidentified.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

18 km's back in a non motorized zone. Up on a high ridge elk hunting and heard a man screaming and yelling "get back...get back!" My hunting partner and I raced toward the noise as quick as we could. Screaming increased in intensity sounding like he was tangled up with something. We are yelling back , but once we get within maybe 300-400 yards and the screaming stops abruptly. We grid out the area and could not find anything. Ultimately made the call to hit the inreach button and contact fish and wildlife. We wait for 6.5hrs for fish and wildlife to arrive and during that time we spot several bears in the area (one black with two cubs and a large griz). Fish and wildlife searches the area until dark and ultimately can't find anything. We continue to hunt out the trip, and when we get out we call fish and wildlife to follow-up. They tell us no one was reported missing that week and no vehicles at any potential trail head. Still not sure what happened that day, and it eats at me we never got there in time. Those screams were unlike anything I have ever heard.

i count eye guards

Lil-Rokslider
aliens for sure.
I don't know how else to put this. I'm of sound mind, college educated (Oregon State University), and this is true. I don't really believe it, but it happened and I wasn't the only witness.

I saw several UFOs over Corvallis Oregon one night. Moving in odd patterns, oscillating and changing colors. I pointed them out to my girlfriend, her mom who was staying with us, and her friend. 4 witnesses. We decided to hop in the truck and see if we could get closer.

We drove north out of Corvallis for about 20 mins before pulling over. We had been watching them the whole way, and we hadn't moved any closer. Baffled we sat there a moment when a meteor streaked across the sky a vivid green. It was close enough to see the gas rippling off the rock and into the tail. A sight I'll never forget, and one we would have missed had we not gone UFO hunting.

That's not the story though.

Later that evening we were in bed. It's probably in the 50s outside, but my girlfriend insists on running our window air-conditioning unit for noise regardless. Our bedroom is very cold when we sleep. At 3am I jerked awake in a terror. I was pouring sweat, the room was easily 90 degrees. My snapping awake also woke up my GF who was also pouring sweat.

In the corner of our room was a tree of light. Imagine a tree with bark made of the type of material the bridge in Thor is made of, but the core is a deep black. It was only there for a moment.

"What the **** was that" I said.

"Did you see the tree too?" She said.

Yeah.

Fast forward a few weeks and we're out in the Oregon outback on a camping trip.

We're 15 miles out from the truck and we're laying out stargazing about 50 yards from our camp.

Guess what appeared in our tent.

The sound it made is something I'll never forget. It's presence was... Spectacular.

Last edited:

LMT66

FNG
My buddy has hiked with the MBR (Michigan bush rats) way back. Their page had a ton of outdoor survival info but the page has a lot of dead links now. Anyway the site owners other page, MibSAR has a ton of cold case stuff that happened out in the woods.
I think it’s important to report anything you find, see, hear as there are many families awaiting closure.

http://www.mibsar.com/

sketchy. In my back yard. What do you think their intentions were?

Hard to say, scared the shit out of my old man, my mom brother and I were clueless as to what was going on. They were definitely wacko religious nuts, and given the location could have made us disappear easily. Who knows. When we visited the area a year or so later the property had changed hands and was a campground

coyoteman

FNG
On a mule deer hunt a few years back my dad and I were watching satellites move across the sky. We were both watching the same satellite, and suddenly see another light flick on in front of the moving satellite and take off across the sky at a ninety degree angle to the satellite, moving much faster. After moving away from the satellite it slows way down and the light turned off....WE_OUT_HERE_1200x.png

swehrman

Lil-Rokslider
Whats the story? Curious as i do alot of hunting in the Crazy Mountains...

-- Scott

Beendare

WKR
The closest I've come to aliens was deer hunting the late season in an unnamed Arizona mountain range. I'm in my glassing spot on top of a cliff and something weird caused me to look back toward the canyon on my left and there was a F18 no more than 50' away....I could see the pilot clear as day.

Right about the time I was thinking, Thats weird, how did he sneak up on me with no sound like that.....WHAM....the loud jet wash hit me like a ton of bricks blowing sand into me like buckshot.

Beendare

WKR
Not Erie or anything but last year we hunted a private Ranch down near Wilcox, AZ that a buddy has permission on. He showed me a old hideout back in a hidden canyon that Billy the Kid and his fellow cattle rustlers used as a hideout. It was the size of a room under this huge boulder. The desperados had walled in one of the open sides with mud and rocks.

The rancher told us Billy and his partner Mcarty would hide from the law back there as Billy used to work on the ranch then owned by Henry Hooker [1870's] and knew it really well.

>>>>

I posted this on a different thread yesterday but it would qualify as creepy...or I guess more scarring...

Bowhunting Colorado probably 6 seasons ago...I ran into two hunters pretty far back in...probably 6ish miles. They were coming out of what I thought looked like an insane basin with some good meadows (we had scouted this area a little the year before) and a lot of dense timber. Some good elk sign on the way in and a lot of fresh tracks headed that way. As I was planning my route in, two hunters came walking up the trail and said, "Definitely dont want to go down in there. There's some weird stuff going on just trust us." I said, "huh?" They didnt elaborate but rather said, "trust us, we heard some bugles earlier this morning at ____ (about a mile away). I waited for them to leave as I knew there was going to be some elk down in there. I make my descent into the basin only to hear some weird noises. I wanted them to be bugles so I kept moving in. I get to a little overlook where I can glass into a good meadow...pull out my binos and see seven dudes all running around butt ass naked playing some sort of "tag" game.

I promptly left the basin and headed straight to where the hunters had "heard bugles," blew a cow call, had a 5x5 come walking in to 20 yards, double lunged him, and had the bull in a tree by sundown. Had a family friend come in on horses and asked, "How'd you find this spot?" Didnt know what to say.

Not Erie or anything but last year we hunted a private Ranch down near Wilcox, AZ that a buddy has permission on. He showed me a old hideout back in a hidden canyon that Billy the Kid and his fellow cattle rustlers used as a hideout. It was the size of a room under this huge boulder. The desperados had walled in one of the open sides with mud and rocks.

The rancher told us Billy and his partner Mcarty would hide from the law back there as Billy used to work on the ranch then owned by Henry Hooker [1870's] and knew it really well.

>>>>

That is awesome!!

tdhanses

WKR

>>>>

That’s pretty cool actually.

I used to live south of Wilcox on AZ90 and I've heard a lot about that ranch. Is that the same one where Johnny Ringo met his end at Doc Holiday's hand? I want to say that Ringo's grave is still there, according to the local apocrypha.

I have some "weird" stories from hiking in the Huachucas and hunting in the Whetstones, but nothing that would count as creepy.

Steelhead

FNG
Grew up pretty deep in the coastal mountains of northern California back in the 70’s and 80’s. Most of the forest was private timberlands, thousands of acres, so as kids we spent most of our time out there exploring all the ups and downs, ridges and draws. It was a place back then that was difficult to live in due to mud-slides, power outages, roads being wiped out, so most folks that lived there wanted to be left alone and not be found. The general area had a reputation for being “creepy” even more than its neighboring mountain communities. Rumors of devil worshiping, stuff like that.
It was ripe for exploring though. Lots of old logging shacks from the 50's filled with rusted tools and equipment, abandoned (or live) pot farms, discarded cabins.
One time we came to an old logging clearing where someone had obviously had a pot farm going on but was now vacant. We noticed a dugout shelter beyond the clearing and after tossing a few rocks to see if anyone was there we dropped down and inspected the shack. Empty but definitely recently used.
From there a well-constructed trail dropped down the draw a bit, even had a small 5” bridge crossing a drainage made out of redwood branches. We followed it another 50 yards to a clearing which contained a wooden folding table right in the middle.
Immediately we joked that it’s where they used to do the human sacrifices. At that time one of my friends reaches down and pulls up a piece of lead pipe out of the leaf litter. And yea, it was a 5’ cross made out of pipes and connectors, even had end-caps in case we tried to dismiss it as a coincidence.
We ran…I don’t mind admitting…in the relative direction we knew was the nearest logging road and didn’t stop until we got to the bottom.
It wasn’t uncommon to find rocks painted with weird spiritual designs placed in specific shapes near trees, one time there was a pile of ashes and bone in a tree base with a golden lion statue out front. Almost off of this was well off any path or logging road and we never would have found them if we didn’t randomly roam.

It was the 70’s after all. Different times.

What's this???
3536bea2dd0b6672a508dd014cf9034f.jpg
2ef747aa076e538293e687c612f88a87.jpg
39292a6a1b650423f1a53bdd4b17e1ea.jpg
1cd5155a79e6a05b04e9779ef5dbe13c.jpg
6fcfd0a3185244952bd7b6bc566578fe.jpg

What's this???
3536bea2dd0b6672a508dd014cf9034f.jpg
2ef747aa076e538293e687c612f88a87.jpg
39292a6a1b650423f1a53bdd4b17e1ea.jpg
1cd5155a79e6a05b04e9779ef5dbe13c.jpg
6fcfd0a3185244952bd7b6bc566578fe.jpg

This rock is obviously placed. It was in the bottom of the canyon by one of two cedar trees about 100 yards from the cave. The ridge of the rock points to a clump of pines directly in front of the cave.
b8afc0f956307f803280189df49f2d1d.jpg
c826a081a309a9456ad4698066580a77.jpg