Creepy experiences in the backcountry

kda082

WKR
I used to live south of Wilcox on AZ90 and I've heard a lot about that ranch. Is that the same one where Johnny Ringo met his end at Doc Holiday's hand? I want to say that Ringo's grave is still there, according to the local apocrypha.

I have some "weird" stories from hiking in the Huachucas and hunting in the Whetstones, but nothing that would count as creepy.

come on man, let’s hear them

Agross

WKR
The closest I've come to aliens was deer hunting the late season in an unnamed Arizona mountain range. I'm in my glassing spot on top of a cliff and something weird caused me to look back toward the canyon on my left and there was a F18 no more than 50' away....I could see the pilot clear as day.

Right about the time I was thinking, Thats weird, how did he sneak up on me with no sound like that.....WHAM....the loud jet wash hit me like a ton of bricks blowing sand into me like buckshot.

If you listen to Rogans podcast with the fighter pilot CO he spoke about how fighter pilots would screw with people kind of like how you described.

Once on the side of a mountain I was climbing I came upon

I found a duffle bag full of little kids clothes buried under a pile of shale on the side of a mountain. Literally in the middle of nowhere, kinda wierded me out, put everything back the way I found it and kept moving.

I would record the GPS coords, take pics and turn the duffle in to the FBI. DAMN! What were you thinking?

Last edited:

Austink47

WKR
This was in The Southern Appalachia’s. My girlfriend and I packed in just a couple miles up a creek we wanted to fish the next day. It started snowing as we were getting in the tent for the night. Go for a little after coffee stroll in the morning and find boot tracks about 80 yards from our camp, even found where the guy had been sitting on a five gallon bucket on a little hill over looking our camp.

What's this???
3536bea2dd0b6672a508dd014cf9034f.jpg
2ef747aa076e538293e687c612f88a87.jpg
39292a6a1b650423f1a53bdd4b17e1ea.jpg
1cd5155a79e6a05b04e9779ef5dbe13c.jpg
6fcfd0a3185244952bd7b6bc566578fe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Does anybody have any input on this? We found it today and I'm not sure what to think about it. It doesn't look like it was designed to sleep in, because the floor is extremely uneven and has loose rocks and dirt scattered around. There was a bit if white dust on part of the wall and ceiling, but maybe that was something natural??? Why a vent made from stovepipe? There was no evidence of smoke, ashes, or burned wood. Why some 5 gallon buckets, and a square bucket lid but no square buckets? It also had some empty beer cans and plastic bottles.

Azone

WKR
This was in The Southern Appalachia’s. My girlfriend and I packed in just a couple miles up a creek we wanted to fish the next day. It started snowing as we were getting in the tent for the night. Go for a little after coffee stroll in the morning and find boot tracks about 80 yards from our camp, even found where the guy had been sitting on a five gallon bucket on a little hill over looking our camp.

Damn....now that's creepy. I take it you guys didn't run into this person while fishing that day?

Beendare

WKR
I used to live south of Wilcox on AZ90 and I've heard a lot about that ranch. Is that the same one where Johnny Ringo met his end at Doc Holiday's hand? I want to say that Ringo's grave is still there, according to the local apocrypha.

I have some "weird" stories from hiking in the Huachucas and hunting in the Whetstones, but nothing that would count as creepy.
Im not sure on that.... they were telling us a gang held off a posse up in a big shootout there and i recognized the outlaws names.

Some of you guys sound like sissies. :^)
WV... West Virginia?
Ahhhhhh, I'm sure you know all about it.

I'm not scared, just curious. I honestly don't believe in ghosts or aliens or objects from other worlds.

Labs, distilleries, opium farms, etc. are a real thing, just don't know WHAT this is.

Azone

WKR
Nope. In WV they raise men. Not boys scared of a few things that go bump in the night.:D

Seriously, the only unnerving stories I have read here are the ones that involve people acting weird. People are unpredictable. People are self motivated. And, people do things irrational with no remorse.

What people are capable of, scares me way more than animals.

Nope. In WV they raise men. Not boys scared of a few things that go bump in the night.:D

Seriously, the only unnerving stories I have read here are the ones that involve people acting weird. People are unpredictable. People are self motivated. And, people do things irrational with no remorse.

You guys raise more than that down there lol, those wild wonderful whites. There are plenty of folks on this website with strange stories.

Ain't that the truth. They are indeed a special kind of people. From some of these stories, it sounds like they have spread out quite a bit. :^)

One thing is for sure; when people come here after watching or hearing about the White's of Boone County, they'll look until they find the dumbest, most ignorant person they can. to validate the stereotype those documentaries created.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Whats the story? Curious as i do alot of hunting in the Crazy Mountains...

min a nutshell, a dude left his group to go get a sleeping bag at a stash point, they never saw him again, months later, some people found a spot overlooking a ranch where that dude had been drinking coffee and energy drinks watching theirranch from the mountains, then they found his foot bones and nothing else...coffee cup on a stump etc...

i count eye guards

Lil-Rokslider
Since this thread has devolved into some folks acting tough, here's my fede
I’ll vote for federal marshal story

Since this thread has devolved into some folks acting tough, here's my Federal Marshall story. This took place in 2012.

I took a gal I was dating out shooting in the Oregon coastal range. We took logging roads about an hour and a half into the hills, found a spur road with a good backstop and spent about an hour shooting.

Now we had just started dating, and I wanted to be polite so as we finished loading up the truck, I told her I was going to head behind some bushes to take a leak.

I was probably 100 ft from the truck, beyond the end of the spur road, down a hill.

I head a truck pull up to the head of the spur road. Like many spur roads, you can see the whole damn thing from the main road, so they could see my truck and her standing by it.

I couldn't see them due to the bushes and my 3/4 finished piss, but I heard the vehicle turn down the spur road towards us.

I figured it may have been a logging company truck there to tell us we were on private land, but as I rounded the bushes and headed back up the hill towards my truck I saw an early 2000's purple Mazda pickup.

I didn't think they'd seen me, so I approached my truck in a way that let me stay concealed. I had a 12ga loaded with slugs that I hadn't put away yet (I used to love getting girls to shoot slugs), and I made my way for it just in case.

I got to my shotgun right as they pulled up, she was standing between them and my truck.

Two grungy dudes got out with ARs.

Let me repeat that.

Two dudes see a chick alone out in the woods and they decide to pull up on her with ARs drawn.

I pumped the shotgun and put one through their windshield. Then pumped it again and pointed it at the guy nearest to her. "Try it" I said.

Slowly they got back in their truck, and backed out. Slowly. They took their damn ******* time.

The chick I was with was freaking out and bawling her eyes out. I told her to get in the truck, but she wouldn't hear it.

When they were out of sight, I lowered my shotgun, tossed her ass in the truck, and hightailed it out of there.

"Why the **** would you do that!"
"You tried to kill them!"
"My friend said you were crazy, he was right"

I didn't have much to say.

About 10 mins later a blacked out Chevy Tahoe coming the other way just about ran us off the road. Then another one. Then another one. The 4th one stopped in the middle of the road blocking us.

Out stepped a clean cut guy with a bullet proof vest on, and he approached my window

On his vest was a badge that read "Federal Marshall".

"You two see a purple pickup truck?"

"Mazda?"

"That's the one."

"Yeah."

That chick never spoke to me again. I found out later that I was the 'other guy', so sounds like I dodged a bullet.

There ya go fellas.

We had issues with folks trespassing on our access road through county property, to our family land/cabin. "The Barrens" for you cheeseheads.

Whenever I'd be up there with my friends, we'd get all kitted up and patrol the property...cuz we're cool like that.

One night, my buddy and I take our ARs and his PVS-7. We're walking up the driveway, densely forested on both sides, when we approach the paved road.
About 20 yards from the edge of the ROW, we stop to smoke a cigarette and observe.
Halfway through the cig, headlights become visible down the road.
We grab concealment and watch.
Vehicle slows down, becomes visible and IDed as a white F150 with topper.
Vehicle is obscured by several large trees, then disappears.
Full on gone. Didn't stop. Didn't turn around. Didn't turn into another property.
Just gone.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Has anyone ever heard any noises like that shit that they played from the sierra hunt camp on this show?

I’ve hunted and backpacked in those woods. Not specifically at that camp but within 50 miles or so.

We were on a youth backpacking trip with about 20 kids and 6 adult advisers in July of 1998. A group of about 5 of us were sleeping off on our own about 30 yards from the rest of the group. We were goofing off before falling asleep and my best friend at the time, said “shut up guys I hear something.” We started whispering but didn’t hear anything. We quieted down and eventually fell asleep.

I don’t know how long I was asleep for, but something started whooping and hollering (literally the exact noise from that video in the movie). I laid there frozen for a moment and then reached over to my buddy and shook him. He was already awake too. “That’s what I heard earlier, only it’s way closer now.”

Our group all started whispering to each other. One of the adult leaders tells us to stop yelling and waking everyone up. We tell him it’s not us. We thought it was one of the younger adult leaders trying to scare us.

We eventually fell back asleep and didn’t really think much of it. Never heard it again and I’ve been back there many times since.

I’ve seen other videos where there is audio with similar sounds. Not sure how many of them are authentic but if they aren’t, they sure do a good job of replicating the sounds.