Crispi insulated boots

Staroutdoorsport

Lil-Rokslider
I need to buy some insulated boots this year, my feet prefer Crispi boots so I'm looking at the Guides, Brikstal or Wild Rock. Which would you choose and why? Also for sizing I wear a 10 reg in my Thor and Idahos, should I get my normal 10 reg or bigger to accommodate for thicker socks, 10 wide or 10.5 reg/wide? I live and hunt Wyoming.
Thanks for your input.

Last edited:
Live in greybull, use my wild rocks every weekend. Chased cow elk and white tails in them starting in October then have been wearing them on hikes in the shell canyon area to glass elk, sheep, and deer. Super comfy out of box, size correlated with my Wyoming's.

The upper is super supportive I can climb rock slides and side hill all day and never have issues.

Go back and forth with kenetrek Alaskans and a mid weight darn tough sock. Been in single digits with them a few times and been good wile active once some body heat gets built up. I'll wear em till probably middle of bear season.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
The Briksdal is more narrow of a fit than the Thors. It's the most narrow boot they make, asked them at the Expo about the fit and that's what they told me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have the Wild Rocks and I like them. Bought the same size as my Lapponias and I don’t think I’d go bigger. I’ve put some miles on them this winter and haven’t had cold feet, but I haven’t done any sits with them, and that’s when the cold would set in. I will say they haven’t been too hot. I don’t have a 200g boot to compare but they don’t feel like big clunking clown shoes with 400g. Episode 400 of the Gritty podcast talks about the Wild Rocks for a bit. The guest wore them and has good things to say.

wyo

Lil-Rokslider
No experience with the 3 mentioned but I have a pair of the insulated Nevadas and I love them so far. Zero break-in and very comfortable. My feet tend to sweat in insulated boots if I am at all active and that hasn't been a problem with the Nevadas. I normally wear a 9.5EE but a 10 wide fit perfect with darn tough hunters.

OP
Staroutdoorsport

Staroutdoorsport

Lil-Rokslider
No experience with the 3 mentioned but I have a pair of the insulated Nevadas and I love them so far. Zero break-in and very comfortable. My feet tend to sweat in insulated boots if I am at all active and that hasn't been a problem with the Nevadas. I normally wear a 9.5EE but a 10 wide fit perfect with darn tough hunters.
Do you have any of their uninsulated to compare sizing?

Hawkeye5964

Lil-Rokslider
I need to buy some insulated boots this year, my feet prefer Crispi boots so I'm looking at the Guides, Brikstal or Wild Rock. Which would you choose and why? Also for sizing I wear a 10 reg in my Thor and Idahos, should I get my normal 10 reg or bigger to accommodate for thicker socks, 10 wide or 10.5 reg/wide? I live and hunt Wyoming.
Thanks for your input.

I have the wild rocks and love them. They fit me true to size with normal thickness socks. I don’t wear thick socks so I can’t offer anything on that.

TBHasler

WKR
Love the wild rocks and Crispi's in general. Keep in mind, they have 400g insulation so IF you are going to run a much thicker sock than normal in these, you may want to consider sizing up. I always wear injinji liners and mid cushion darn tough or smartwool on top for fall/winter use. I wear thinner wool over liners when it's warmer. Mine run true to size with both sock setups. However, mine are a bit tighter with medium wool socks and I wouldn't want to go much thicker without more room/added size.
If your generally going to be active, even in low/very low temps, you can get by with normal thickness socks and not need to size up. The 400g insulation does its job.
If you are going to be using for long sits and less active scenarios, you can/will get chilly with just 400g and if you're wanting to go with a much thicker sock for this scenario, I would consider sizing up 1/2.

fwafwow

WKR
+1 to OP. I have the Wild Rock GTX and sized up 1/2 size to permit me to wear thicker socks. I've put about 50 treadmill miles on them and love them - but I am also looking at the Lapponia, as they appear to be half the weight. I'm also planning an archery hunt in CO in the early part of the season, and a mule deer hunt in AZ in Jan, so thinking I could wear teh Lapponia for the former, and the Wild Rocks for the latter - but welcome feedback if I'm wrong.