CTR Stock on Standard T3X

nobody

WKR
First off, I know it’s possible.

I’m planning on watching for and picking up a factory CTR stock and bottom metal to put on my T3X Veil model 6.5 creed. The idea being that that way, I can share magazines and have identical ergos between all my rifles without adding extra weight to any of them. Additionally, this will allow me greater flexibility with barrel contours down the road.

Has anybody done this with their more standard “lite” model tikkas? If so, have you encountered any weird nuances or fitment items that I should be aware of as I pursue this? Thanks in advance all!

Macintosh

WKR
Hard to find flush mags for hunting if that’s something you care about, and it’ll be a couple ounces heavier if thats something you care about, and with a much bigger gap it may get brush and twigs jammed between barrel and forend if you do much brush busting—I have had this happen a few times but generally not a major problem. Keep the magazine spring that you’ll have to remove from the action in case you ever want to put the standard bottom metal back on. Other than that, same/same.

First off, I know it’s possible.

I’m planning on watching for and picking up a factory CTR stock and bottom metal to put on my T3X Veil model 6.5 creed. The idea being that that way, I can share magazines and have identical ergos between all my rifles without adding extra weight to any of them. Additionally, this will allow me greater flexibility with barrel contours down the road.

Has anybody done this with their more standard “lite” model tikkas? If so, have you encountered any weird nuances or fitment items that I should be aware of as I pursue this? Thanks in advance all!
I was trying to figure out what to do with my veil 6.5cm that's new with tags that I bought accidently. Cant seem to sell it for sht. Maybe I'll copy your idea now that I bought a CTR which will have a chassis, and maybe throw a take off tikka fluted 308 barrel on it

sdupontjr

WKR
I was in your same boat. Bought a Tikka CTR 308 but couldn't get use to the CTR stock, esp where and how I hunt. The mag sticking out the bottom was a problem for me. I picked up a OEM Tikka Roughtech here on the site. The CTR barrel contour fit snug in the stock and took very little cleaning up to open the barrel channel for a good fit. Now I can use the much lower profile mags of the T3/T3x.

henchr15

FNG
I was in your same boat. Bought a Tikka CTR 308 but couldn't get use to the CTR stock, esp where and how I hunt. The mag sticking out the bottom was a problem for me. I picked up a OEM Tikka Roughtech here on the site. The CTR barrel contour fit snug in the stock and took very little cleaning up to open the barrel channel for a good fit. Now I can use the much lower profile mags of the T3/T3x.
So you put a CTR barreled action in stock inletted for the factory bottom metal (non-CTR) and it works properly? I’m looking to do the same thing only with a Pure Precision stock inletted for factory bottom metal.

sdupontjr

WKR
Yes. But the Ridgeline stock had a larger barrel channel than a t3 lite or t3x superlite. Just means that you will have to remove a little more material than I did to get it to fit. Other than the OEM bottom metal and mag, you will need the mag spring clip which could be purchased separately. The CTR doesn't use it.

henchr15

FNG
Yes. But the Ridgeline stock had a larger barrel channel than a t3 lite or t3x superlite. Just means that you will have to remove a little more material than I did to get it to fit. Other than the OEM bottom metal and mag, you will need the mag spring clip which could be purchased separately. The CTR doesn't use it.

Ok! The barrel channel is already for a Proof contour so that part should be fine. Hoping the fellow that I’m trading is including the needed part, if not I’ll use the link you provided! Thank you!

sdupontjr

WKR
Pulled the heavier Arken and installed a trijicon credo hx. Also pulled the rail and installed UM tikka rings. Now it just like a short barrel heavier contour tikka t3. And it's only .76 lb heavier than my T3 lite in 308.
20231102_135046.jpg20231102_135056.jpg20231102_135101.jpg20231102_135117.jpg20231102_135129.jpg20231102_135137.jpg20231102_135141.jpg