Cutting Weight on a Sig Cross

10-4. Just wondering. I too, imagine that it sits flush with the top edge of the hinge. Any idea of the folded geometry and where the bolt handle ends up?
I was trying to analyze that from pictures. I think it would clear. If it does hit the bolt you could reverse the hinge and make it fold to the left.

We are in line for parkerizing at this time. Not sure why it takes so long but this whole process is a lot longer than I thought.
When I get the first batch in hand we have a few folks doing heavy testing for a short period. Actually short,, not Magpul next month short.

I'd love to see what you're working on. I'm between a cross and another tikka. This may help solidify my route!

To be clear, I am NOT the maker of this product. I am working with someone that is making it.

The first few are done and testing is going on at an accelerated pace. There were a few small changes made to make it stronger, just in case. This will not change the release date of approximately end of May.

There have been zero issues with it thus far. I do not know pricing. Weight is 6.8 ounces with no original stock pieces added (can be used like that). 12.5 ounces as shown. OEM is over 17 ounces without folder.

The maker is Made Rifle/Made X Pro. He makes a few parts for the Cross and has more on the way.

I am going to do a video soonish at their request as a sneak peek. I will post that here as well.

This is obviously for the folks that are not, or are never, happy with OEM or the quality/lack of quality in some of the Sig parts but still love the rifle.

Thats all we have right now. He has this pic posted on FB in one of the Sig Cross groups so here it is.
432637278_250504091467819_3802197196592813848_n.jpg

intunegp

WKR
Where would one find this and his other Cross products? I googled "Made Rifle" and "Made X Pro" and came up with nothing.

I installed his mag release, much better than factory. I can release the mag one handed now, without reaching inside the trigger guard. I also just had my barrel fluted, which shaved 4.4oz.
Nice. I may end up with a carbon barrel but not sure how much weight that will save. I think if I change a few things I can get to 7lbs complete.

Including the optic I was able to get mine down to 6lb 1oz with the barrel fluting and a slightly flexy polymer airsoft stock that I milled a slot in for the bolt to slide. It weighs 5.5lb without the microprism optic. The Sig fore grip adds 3oz to that. Still looking for a better optic and a light weight stock, maybe the adjustable MCX stock or the Canadian Made X if it’s light enough. Also might convert it to a 6CM if they start selling barrels with extensions.

IMG_2271.jpeg

IMG_2276.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2272.jpeg
    IMG_2272.jpeg
    469.6 KB · Views: 26

newmexicokid

FNG
Classified Approved
I really like that Made Rifles stock. Do you know of any vendors who might make a carbon handguard for the Cross? I have a Lancer handguard on my AR and really like it. It also isn't cold to the touch. Does anyone have any accuracy feedback on those Carbon 6 barrels?

I really like that Made Rifles stock. Do you know of any vendors who might make a carbon handguard for the Cross? I have a Lancer handguard on my AR and really like it. It also isn't cold to the touch. Does anyone have any accuracy feedback on those Carbon 6 barrels?
I've been looking for one as well. No luck yet.