Daniel Boone National Forest

BigFaus

FNG
A friend and I are hunting the Daniel Boone National Forest this weekend in Kentucky. I was wondering if anybody has any experience with this? We are going to be staying in Morehead for the weekend and I haven't found a ton of information in regards to parking and access. Was hoping somebody may be able to share a little knowledge? This is our first time here so any tips, tricks and well wishes are much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A friend and I are hunting the Daniel Boone National Forest this weekend in Kentucky. I was wondering if anybody has any experience with this? We are going to be staying in Morehead for the weekend and I haven't found a ton of information in regards to parking and access. Was hoping somebody may be able to share a little knowledge? This is our first time here so any tips, tricks and well wishes are much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

DBNF is a big area that basically runs the length of the entire state. I have hunted the forest quite a bit, although not around the Moorehead are that you mentioned. There are pockets of public land scattered all over the place, some more crowded than others. Plenty of land to go around for the amount of hunters if you are willing to put in some work. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

BigFaus

FNG
DBNF is a big area that basically runs the length of the entire state. I have hunted the forest quite a bit, although not around the Moorehead are that you mentioned. There are pockets of public land scattered all over the place, some more crowded than others. Plenty of land to go around for the amount of hunters if you are willing to put in some work. Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Taking you up on the offer just sent over a pm. Thanks.

trekker9

FNG
A real good piece of advise for the DBNF would be to remove your catalytic converter from your truck and stash it in your backpack while hunting. Get a big pack. Then reinstall it at the end of your hunt and you're good to go.