Daypack without belt

CAH

FNG
Curious on thoughts for a nice daypack without a belt. I want something light and fast for shed hunting but also have the compression straps to strap antlers on. I dont think I want a hip belt though, is this a bad thought?

Thanks!

Dazzler

WKR
I have used three of the hill people gear packs while shed hunting (whitetail) without belts. The Umlindi, Connor and the Tarahumara. All three worked well, but the Tarahumara can run out of room pretty quick.

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
MR 3 Day Assault. 2000 ci/33 liter. Hip belt can be stored in the "garages" on the sides when not in use or pulled out for use. Two horizontal compression straps and two on the bottom. Adjustable frame height.

Check Ebay for used. The MR Sweet Pea was the same pack but without internal pockets.

Voyageur

WKR
I have used three of the hill people gear packs while shed hunting (whitetail) without belts. The Umlindi, Connor and the Tarahumara. All three worked well, but the Tarahumara can run out of room pretty quick.
I have used the Umlindi and the Tara without belts and second Dazzler's observations.

Reactions: CAH
OP
C

CAH

FNG
do you guys think I am foolish to not want a hip belt? I have an exo 3500 for hauling. Just want something for shed hunting and edc. I see the stone glacier day packs all have belts… can those be removed and used as a stand alone pack?

Voyageur

WKR
@CAH I don't think you're foolish for not wanting a belt. There are several scenarios where I don't want/need a belt, and that is why I have different packs.

rwell98

FNG
I guess it was directed towards op, but your answer is good too. My packs all have hip belts and I've never really given a second thought to it. I suppose a removable belt would be nice though in some situations. The hip belt does get in the way sometimes when hanging in a treestand for whitetail hunting.

OP
C

CAH

FNG
I want one without a hipbelt for just hiking around light and carrying a holster on my hip is more comfortable than the belt. Also dont like the belt for things like airport travel or just in and out of my truck.

mthayr

WKR
do you guys think I am foolish to not want a hip belt? I have an exo 3500 for hauling. Just want something for shed hunting and edc. I see the stone glacier day packs all have belts… can those be removed and used as a stand alone pack?
For the most part, yes... but I'm not sure the hip belt is detachable from the X-Curve frames.

Dazzler

WKR
I want one without a hipbelt for just hiking around light and carrying a holster on my hip is more comfortable than the belt. Also dont like the belt for things like airport travel or just in and out of my truck.

I e heard good things about the kuiu venture packs. Their belts are removable and function well without them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I can’t find pack that 100% fit my need. Most of packs missing future like compression strap/water bottle pocket/size or unwanted future as belt/tacticool look
OP when you find one let me know please.

Reactions: CAH

solo06

FNG
Check out the Kifaru 14r.

The belt on the 14r is lighter weight than what's on their larger frames, and is also removeable. I personally like having a nice belt on my packs (and not just 1" webbing either), since it keeps any weight I might end up loading comfortably off my shoulders, and I also have the option to run other things on the belt.

The 14r comes with 2 horizontal compression straps that wrap all the way around the front of the pack, either through or over the daisy chain depending how you want to use them.

It also has 2 bottom compression straps.

You could also add a third horizontal compression strap, if needed.

You could also add a Grab-It, if needed.

You could also add side pockets for more capacity, if needed.

You could use the internal water bladder sleeve or add a water bottle pocket, if needed.

I like how modular this pack is. A simple daypack with compression straps at its core, with the options to add more compression straps, pockets, or the waist belt as-desired.