Did any NonRes NOT apply for 2023 Wyoming elk?

stevevan

WKR
No. We discussed it but in the end I expect to draw three mule deer tags in South Dakota and I think my wife will hunt antelope.

We will swing for random mule deer tags in WY though. Can't win if you don't play!😁
Nope, sitting on 15 points but I have a couple other things I want to do this fall. Next year with 16 it should be a slam dunk for a good unit. After that I think I'll put elk hunting in the rear view mirror and concentrate more on hunting with a shotgun and my 4 labs.

Walthers

FNG
I did not. It was a tough decision though with all the chatter about WY going to a 90/10 split. It Didn’t pass this year so I am hoping I’ll be good to cash in on where I have been saving my points for next year. Point creep is always a factor but fingers crossed for next year.

A big reason why I didn’t apply this year as well is I have a 90% chance to draw the unit in my home state of CO and then will be able to reset my points for a new spot I am interested in hunting that takes fewer points, meaning I can hunt it more frequently than the unit I have been saving for.

As always this time of the year is always stressful and frustrating trying to figure out the right thing to do with all things considered.

Osprey

Lil-Rokslider
I didnt. I would of had to hope for a random tag anyways if I wanted to hunt general bulls. As it is I doubt I would of had the time anyways with other hunts im planning so id rather just donate money for a point this year.

Nope. Plan on going somewhere next year though with a guy I work with that has never been further west than Nashville.

Maidenfan539

Lil-Rokslider
I threw in for a hail mary in the random. Have a ID deer tag and can only take 1 trip out west this year. IF I'm lucky enough I can turn in ID tag. Should have vacation and points for a tag next year.

HNTR918

WKR
I did not apply in WY this year.
I'll be hunting ID, MT, & international so the calendar is booked.
I hope I can luck out next year before the change the draw system.

RR2012

Lil-Rokslider
I did not. Planning on next year and buy another point this summer.

Go West Old Man

WKR
Classified Approved
Nope. Saving my PP in case a future miracle happens later on (logistical & financial), …… or the state of WY starts handing out participation trophies to folks that “attended all the practices but never played in a game” . 😆

Last edited:

nickstone

WKR
I did not, and a WY gen tag is one of my favorites. I had around 50% odds of drawing in the special, the downside for me is how long they have moved draw results out. It stops me from putting in for Nv, and Nm.

My plan is to hunt an OTC in another state if I don't draw somewhere else.

sacklunch

WKR
Did not. Don't like being mandated to hire a babysitter to hunt the wilderness.