Different outdoors hobbies

Bcoonce117

Lil-Rokslider
So who here trades one addiction for another as each season ends??? I’m a big game hunter before all else, but when deer season ends I become a die hard duck hunter. Then as soon as that’s over it’s time to start bass fishing. Once I’m tired of that, it’s time to start hiking/ scouting for deer…. And the cycle repeats itself every year lol. I find myself telling my wife I’ll have a lot more time on my hands once “this season” is over. Lol

Right now I’m buying more/ new decoys for my duck spread and building out a new improved duck hunting boat. The spending never ends that’s for sure lol.

I envy the people who are able to stick with one thing throughout the year

Here’s opening day of duck here in California at a public refuge. My dad and I went out and had a great shoot. Lots of local birds this year.

Attachments

• IMG_4443.jpeg
    IMG_4443.jpeg
    511.7 KB · Views: 84

Poser

WKR
Snowboarding/splitboarding gets more days out a year than actually hunting.

Backpacking/exploring the high country/“scouting”/glassing

Backpack Fly fishing

Peak bagging (since I’m out often out and about anyway)

Off-roading by default of getting places and exploring, but sometimes go drive some rough roads just for the hell of it.

Hunting is first for me, then Ice fishing and predator calling, after that it's turkeys and bears, then I get out on the boat and I really enjoy salmon and walleye fishing. Then it's time to repeat the cycle. I also throw in some gardening cause you gotta eat some vegetables now and again.

dtrkyman

WKR
I only archery hunt big game but love wing shooting, doves, upland ducks.

Turkey is my favorite of all!

Bass fishing, fly fishing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you ask my wife, I have too many hobbies, spend too much money and don't do the hobbies enough to justify them. But no one asked her. . . . .

Dont tell her that....

Hunting, long range shooting, fishing(bass and fly fishing), archery/bow hunting, golf, scuba diving, reloading (not an outside activity but promotes time outside), photography, hiking/camping... I think Ill stop now.....

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I spent countless nights in the sierras of California. You really learn the land by being out in it constantly. Backpacking, camping, scouting/glassing, and just being out there in it is the how life is supposed to be lived. Despite all of what’s wrong with California, none of that seems to matter when you’re up here…

IMG_4407.jpeg
IMG_6602.jpeg
dicks lake 2011.jpeg
IMG_1683.jpeg

Bowhunting to Ice fishing to spring scouting to fishing, mt biking, summer camping with my son back to bowhunting. That is my life, it’s pretty great.

DuckDogDr

WKR
I have too many hobbies … wish I could work less

Feb-April. Not much going on there .. focusing on duck decoy carving; the World show is end of April every year

April - August - scuba diving and spear fishing tournaments

September - early season blue wing teal and some early western hunt

October - archery white tail and decoy carving

November - Jan - duck hunting

Train dogs year round

OP
Bcoonce117

Bcoonce117

Lil-Rokslider
Bike racing and fly fishing for me. Lots of time on the bike is good prep for high country elk deer and sheep.
I actually love cycling and haven’t been back in the saddle for a while. 3 kids, commuting for construction along with all the hobbies makes you sacrifice some of the other hobbies for sure.

OP
Bcoonce117

Bcoonce117

Lil-Rokslider
OP
Bcoonce117

Bcoonce117

Lil-Rokslider
I have too many hobbies … wish I could work less

Feb-April. Not much going on there .. focusing on duck decoy carving; the World show is end of April every year

April - August - scuba diving and spear fishing tournaments

September - early season blue wing teal and some early western hunt

October - archery white tail and decoy carving

November - Jan - duck hunting

Train dogs year round
I have the same problem. I end up trading one hobby for another at certain points in my life

OP
Bcoonce117

Bcoonce117

Lil-Rokslider
If you ask my wife, I have too many hobbies, spend too much money and don't do the hobbies enough to justify them. But no one asked her. . . . .

Dont tell her that....

Hunting, long range shooting, fishing(bass and fly fishing), archery/bow hunting, golf, scuba diving, reloading (not an outside activity but promotes time outside), photography, hiking/camping... I think I’ll stop now.....
my wife is the same lol.

el_jefe_pescado

Lil-Rokslider
I would consider hunting my top “hobby” and a means of providing meat for the family, particularly in the fall. Fishing is a way of life and how I maintain equilibrium throughout the week/month/year…along with spending time with the wife and kiddos of course ;). I would have to say chasing trout is my top priority when I have “free time” although bugling bulls do pose a close second.

Plan on skiing more once my son gets a little bigger and can join me…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jkr61

FNG
Hunting
Rafting
Filling In between those is fishing, mountain biking, backpacking, paddle boarding

Nykki

Lil-Rokslider
Hunting has always been my favorite pastime. Jet boating the rivers is a close second. Sometimes get to do both at the same time. Gave up my snowmachine a few year's ago, couldn't take the beating anymore. Fishing is a something to do kind of thing for me. Enjoy it but don't go out of my way for it.

Tango_41

FNG
So who here trades one addiction for another as each season ends??? I’m a big game hunter before all else, but when deer season ends I become a die hard duck hunter. Then as soon as that’s over it’s time to start bass fishing. Once I’m tired of that, it’s time to start hiking/ scouting for deer…. And the cycle repeats itself every year lol. I find myself telling my wife I’ll have a lot more time on my hands once “this season” is over. Lol

Right now I’m buying more/ new decoys for my duck spread and building out a new improved duck hunting boat. The spending never ends that’s for sure lol.

I envy the people who are able to stick with one thing throughout the year

Here’s opening day of duck here in California at a public refuge. My dad and I went out and had a great shoot. Lots of local birds this year.
I go from salmon to moose to deer to elk to grouse.