Ditching Hanwag, need boot suggestions please.

Holler

FNG
[new guy here, but long time following and learning from these discussions]

I also just broke up with Hanwag. I had Alverstone II's that were super comfortable and had just the right amount of flex, but the durability was poor, even compared to cheaper boots I wore in the past.

I've got some Schnee Beartooth boots on order. I hear good things about them, I had a helpful conversation with a guy on the phone there, and they are currently on sale.

DeePow

FNG
I dont like telling to may others but your defiantly not my size so.... you might want to check out Mammut boots....
I was surprised no one had mentioned Mammut. Anyone tried the Taiss? I’m interested in a pair but no one sells Mammut near me so I’ve been hesitant to pull the trigger.

I’ve also been interested to learn how little difference in weight there is between my Schnees and Hanwag, Mammut, and other “lighter” boot companies.

HuntCrazy

Lil-Rokslider
I was surprised no one had mentioned Mammut. Anyone tried the Taiss? I’m interested in a pair but no one sells Mammut near me so I’ve been hesitant to pull the trigger.

I’ve also been interested to learn how little difference in weight there is between my Schnees and Hanwag, Mammut, and other “lighter” boot companies.
Dee I have a pair of Taiss
one of my favorite models they make. Let my huntin buddy try them on after he felt how light they are... he ordered a pair a week or so later. This was about a year ago. Seen him last week with another pair of Taiss on LOL! Said he wanted to make sure he had a second pair as a back up... LOL! That and they just had a pretty good sale. If you sign up to there email they will email you there sales. Sometimes they are pretty decent % off.
Hope this helps..... unless your a size 11 then dont listen to this message LOl!

Benjblt

WKR
Dee I have a pair of Taiss
one of my favorite models they make. Let my huntin buddy try them on after he felt how light they are... he ordered a pair a week or so later. This was about a year ago. Seen him last week with another pair of Taiss on LOL! Said he wanted to make sure he had a second pair as a back up... LOL! That and they just had a pretty good sale. If you sign up to there email they will email you there sales. Sometimes they are pretty decent % off.
Hope this helps..... unless your a size 11 then dont listen to this message LOl!
Go hunt has a sale on these now. I really like them based on trying them on in my house. Super light!!

mattg65

FNG
I would also suggest looking at Crispi. I have three pair of their boots and they have all held up well and are the most comfortable out of the box of any boot I’ve owned.