Diy tarp tie outs

lam396

Lil-Rokslider
For those that make their own tarps/tipi/etc, are you just using grosgrain for tie outs or are you using d-rings or some sort of lineloc? I was planning on just using grosgrain but the ripstopbytheroll.com kit comes with d-rings and it has me thinking. I get that itshould supposed to reduce wear on the tie outs, but what if you need to stake the actual tie out rather than run a guy line?

sent from my galaxy

ixia

FNG
For those that make their own tarps/tipi/etc, are you just using grosgrain for tie outs or are you using d-rings or some sort of lineloc? I was planning on just using grosgrain but the ripstopbytheroll.com kit comes with d-rings and it has me thinking. I get that itshould supposed to reduce wear on the tie outs, but what if you need to stake the actual tie out rather than run a guy line?

sent from my galaxy

What if you used rings instead of D-loops, or D-loops large enough to put a stake through? Then it can be used to stake down or run a line to.

WoodBow

WKR
I use grosgrain or gutted paracord for my loops. I have never used D rings.

ChrisS

WKR
I used grosgrain X-box stitched and bartacked to a triangle x-pac fabric. I've staked directly to the grosgrain loop and haven't had a problem yet ... then again, I don't know how many days I have to have it staked before it will rub through. I can't imagine anytime soon.

OP
L

lam396

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the replies. It probably only adds .5oz across the whole thing but I think I'm going to save the weight and just use grosgrain. I'm interested in hearing from anyone that used d-rings though.