Do any of you use Lighted Nocks?

Sled

WKR
If your arrows are on the edge of too stiff spined, then you may have a tuning issue with an extra 15 grains on the back of the arrow. If your setup is already slow then POI will drop off at distance. If it's a fast setup then your groupings at hunting distance will not be noticeable. Another way to keep weight and tuning similar is to run bushings on your normal nocks and none on the lighted nocks.

I have had individual arrows fall short with lighted nocks. On a couple, nock tuning brought them back into the group. On one the nock was almost 8 grains heavier than the rest in the pack and I tossed that one. Another had tighter string tension which caused accuracy issues. It was tossed too.

Last edited:

GatorGar247

Lil-Rokslider
Adding 10-15 grains to the back of your arrow will DEFINITELY change things like your sight tape/pin gapping at distance and quite possibly change your tune as well by the added weight, stiffening dynamic spine, and changing nock fit.
Inside of 30 yards I shoot 2 different arrows . 50 grain difference without issue.. I'm sure it's gonna be different for everyone . I guess if a person's arrow was borderline on spine then it could change things. I tend to shoot a slightly over spined arrow so changing a few grains doesn't hurt .

Seeknelk

WKR
One thing to keep in mind....adding weight to the BACk of the shaft STIFFENS the spine. May or may not be noticable depending how big the spine sweet spot your already in.

PhatSki

WKR
I seem to be having issues with my Nockturnal G nocks fitting very loosely inside my easton Axis 4 mm (.166) arrows. Anyone else having that issue? Is there a way to fix it?

11boo

WKR
Mine came in. It’s raining or I would be out shooting.

F7F56ADD-B75A-4A06-82FC-F924B0953EAC.jpeg503B0F2D-E953-4294-A867-E7A5D7017442.jpeg

my plastic nocks are 9.4 gr for comparison. These are bright, using the tiny screwdriver they included, easy to turn off. There is a small opening to reach in and push the switch up. Very good fit in my victory 350 shaft.

11boo

WKR
I seem to be having issues with my Nockturnal G nocks fitting very loosely inside my easton Axis 4 mm (.166) arrows. Anyone else having that issue? Is there a way to fix it?
All I know, which is minimal, is there were several sizes available. I used calipers to measure my old nock.

I might be tempted to return them for the correct size, or try a wrap of plumbers Teflon tape Around the nock.

Be careful with the G series Nockturnal nocks. A number of reports in the past about G series nock failures at the shot which can cause real problems. Hopefully they have fixed that by now but seeing the loose fitting report above is a reason to be careful.

GatorGar247

Lil-Rokslider
They are junk . I have several packs and after 40 or 50 shots they start bending and can fail on the shot.. you can either use cool melt or a plastic bag to fix the nock fit.. drape the bag over the end of the arrow. Push the nock in so it uses the bag as a gasket .. you can double it if needed..

GatorGar247

Lil-Rokslider
Mine came in. It’s raining or I would be out shooting.

View attachment 425798View attachment 425799

my plastic nocks are 9.4 gr for comparison. These are bright, using the tiny screwdriver they included, easy to turn off. There is a small opening to reach in and push the switch up. Very good fit in my victory 350 shaft.
Was that with the adapter for the larger arrows ? Mine came in at 20 grains without the adapter.. just wondering if they beefed them up a little on the newst run .

I had carbon express lighted nocks. I broke one of 3 just trying to put them in. The other 2 worked well but overall the fragility of the one that broke turned me off from them. They're very fun to shoot in the dark though and I'll likely try another type of nock (as long as it looks more robust).

11boo

WKR
35 yards, I’m not seeing a POI shift. Pretty bright, Very cool. Looks like a tracer.
They don’t activate till I hit the release. I’ll shoot some more after dinner, but pretty impressive.

C89FC70D-526C-4FB1-B1E8-C7B91A16B55F.jpeg6D9A4077-0048-4357-9576-3BF6323F5A37.jpeg

11boo

WKR
Was that with the adapter for the larger arrows ? Mine came in at 20 grains without the adapter.. just wondering if they beefed them up a little on the newst run .
No adapter. They fit nice and snug. I’ll be getting more at that price.
Probably leave one on tonight and see what battery life is. They claim 48 hours.

GatorGar247

Lil-Rokslider
No adapter. They fit nice and snug. I’ll be getting more at that price.
Probably leave one on tonight and see what battery life is. They claim 48 hours.
I broke one last week . Hit it with another arrow. The light worked for 3 nights. It started getting dull after 2 nights

11boo

WKR
Sun is setting. These things are awesome.

I will stretch it out to 50, my max range, at the club, but I can’t tell I added weight to the nock.

Last edited:

11boo

WKR
I already ordered another dozen. For a lil over 2 bucks each, why not.

These are shooting identical to my regular.

I’ll order fresh ones in August for the hunt. Just remembered I better shoot my broadheads with these before I go all in.

Nocks just take a beating, it is their lot in life. That is why I never tried the more known, and spendy ones.

eltaco

WKR
I already ordered another dozen. For a lil over 2 bucks each, why not.

These are shooting identical to my regular.

I’ll order fresh ones in August for the hunt. Just remembered I better shoot my broadheads with these before I go all in.

Nocks just take a beating, it is their lot in life. That is why I never tried the more known, and spendy ones.

I’d still suggest to use those ebay or amazon China knockoff Nocks with extreme caution. The plastic is much more flexible than that of the Nockturnal they tried to copy. I blew one up on the shot last year and partially dryfired my bow. I felt like an idiot… completely knew better but did it anyways.

Yeah, they’re cheap, but consider the cost of blowing your bow up or worse… injuring yourself to try save a few bucks.

11boo

WKR
I’ll update if I have a bad failure, and keep an eye on the nocking area.
They all come out of China. Short vid from last night.

For what it’s worth, 4,000+ ratings, no mention of them blowing up on release.

XHYCKJ is the manufacturer. They need to work on their naming lol.​

Last edited:

11boo

WKR
Lumenox have been great. Helps see shot placement and priceless when it come to arrow recovery. Used them for years without issue.
I can see the value in these, having lost many arrows to the grouse And stumps.

Being a China rip of a known product, I’m surprised they didn’t go with Illumi-nock.

13joshop

FNG
I didn't use them until recent, and since the switch I do enjoy arrow recovery being a little easier in the Minnesota brush and crop fields. So far so good