Do any of you use Lighted Nocks?

11boo

WKR
No
I shot some with the Amazon specials this morning. Shot about 30 arrows and they grouped right with my standard nocked arrows. All shots were at 60 yards.
edit: I’ve yet to shoot them with broadheads so that may change things. 🤷‍♂️
I must have 50+ shots on mine, I have a dozen nocked up with those, and shoot them all, most every night. Still have a few arrows with standard nocks in the arrow tube too. I’m not seeing any difference in POI out to 45, that’s as far as I shoot.
I’ve broken 4 now via nock strikes. The rest work great, I have a half dozen new ones for the season. They all still snap tight on the string. Very pleased and wish I had done this sooner.

hjyeatts

FNG
Something I have been thinking about is getting lighted nocks this year.
Have never used them before but thought it might be worth it.
Was just curious if any of you have used them on an Elk hunt and did it help with a tracking job or anything like that.
Last year shooting .244 carbon express arrows i used some g archery nocks off amazon. This year in my .166 victory’s i’m having to use nockturnal. Both have done me well and have never really noticed an accuracy difference in my setups.
Something I have been thinking about is getting lighted nocks this year.
Have never used them before but thought it might be worth it.
Was just curious if any of you have used them on an Elk hunt and did it help with a tracking job or anything like that.

Rsmiley

FNG
I’ve started using them now that I’m living in the Midwest, and absolutely love them for out here. I’m generally shooting into thick cover or a row crop field out here, and the chances of recovering an arrow in tall vegetation is almost nil without a lighted nock. Out West, I haven’t had much of an issue with arrow recovery.

That said, I did take a bull at dusk very similar to the story above, and that was a life-changing experience for me. I made a slight quartering away shot on a bull in the last few minutes of light, and watched that laser strike him on his side as intended. That said, what I couldn’t see was his offside leg back behind the vitals, and my arrow instantly kicked back out and thankfully the broadhead stuck in my side. I was able to watch my bull kick out of there and run off in the distance before slowing to a walk as he headed back down the hill… the whole time while watching my nock flopping around through my binos as he distanced from me.

In all, my bull ended up dropping out of sight about 125yds from where he was originally hit. Without an exit hole on the far side, my blood trail wasn’t very good, but that nock gave me full confidence in my shot placement. I decided to track him and from about 50yds out I looked up and noticed the leaves all glowing green like I’d placed a homing beacon on that bull. That little nock lit up the whole area and made tracking and recovery a breeze.

Now, I will say that I’ve tried quite a few options and I’d personally stay clear of anything other than Nockturnal. I still don’t trust any lighted Nocks in a G size as the material is simply too thin, and I have made the stupid mistake of trying ebay Nocks only to blow one up and partially dry fire my bow. Even with that recommendation for Nockturnal, I have certainly found some brand new in the package that don’t work… but still find them overall the best option out there
0c7ca116edf58e51242256a708f86ff9.jpg
idk about the other colors but green really lights up the night. only color i shoot now. its a great sight to see. Nice bull.

Scottyboy

WKR
Won’t ever shoot without them, when legal. I prefer the strobing nock as it is infinitely easier for me to see vs a “standard glow” (dusk/night is difficult for me to see a green glow (bad red-green colorblind))

I haven’t noticed any change in flight from standard nock out to 70yds.

I use them haven’t had any issues .. may reconsider if I was considering shots over 50 yd,,, weight diff starts to show

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jumpman

FNG
I noticed one person say they had issues with the lighted nocks breaking their arrows. Never used them, but are they significantly different when removing an old nock and replacing with a new one (in terms of difficulty etc.)?

11boo

WKR
I noticed one person say they had issues with the lighted nocks breaking their arrows. Never used them, but are they significantly different when removing an old nock and replacing with a new one (in terms of difficulty etc.)?
On my arrows, the old nocks just pull out with a bit of force. The lit Amazon nocks fit in similarly.

I have broken a few lit ones, from nock strikes, but otherwise they just work.
Somebody replied these cheap ones could fail on release, but I’ve not seen it.

my arrows are more standard diameter, I think the micro diameter ones might be more problematic just getting the electronic part small enough to fit inside the shaft.

Dalton138

FNG
Now that there legal here in CO, I don’t elk hunt without em. Had too many “definitely hit here!”Experiences personally and with buddies only to find truth was quite the contrary. Makes spotting impacts so much more reliable.

Also shot my bull last year at last light only to see him go into some thick nasty, (it was a quartering away shot that buried almost to fletching). Gave him an hour then started tracking. After about 100 yds of tunneling through on a blood trail found him lit up like a street lamp with nock glowing. I would have found him either way- but it was pretty cool.

I have tried most brands but honestly now go with the cheap Chinese ones off Amazon. I shoot year round with em and simply use the ones that don’t light as practice arrows. Check a bunch before season and load up the quiver. Buying a dozen is about the same price as a 3 pack of branded.

Ill second this. I have been using some dirt cheap ones off of amazon and I haven't had a single one not work. Also, they have a 48 hr battery life. Just make sure you use them on all of your arrows to keep them all the same. I have tested them against the nocks that came with my arrows, and honestly, they fly extremely close, but Id rather be same than sorry .

Foxsoup

FNG
I’d be leery of using lighted nocks ( luminock and nockturnals) for practice. Too many story’s of nocks snapping off mid shot, leaving all the energy to go thru your strings and limbs. I still hunt with them because they do work, but I try to not use the past 100 shots.