Do It All Scope for $1000?

WKR

WKR
Zeiss V4 with a 50mm objective lens is the way to go. Vortex can't really compete unless you go with the razor line.

OP
B

BCD

WKR
If SFP is tolerable, take a look at the 2.5-15x42 Trijicon Credo. Its my current overall favorite, with almost no budget consideration. The reticle is a little thin in low light but the illumination works just fine in low light. Shot a whitetail doe in extremely low light with it Sunday.
What do you like better about the Credo than the LHT?

OP
B

BCD

WKR
I like the LHT 3-15. Only downsides for me is windage dial and the scope seems to scratch easily. I also think Tract is coming out with a 2.5-15 very soon. The glass is incredible in their Toric 4-20 but it’s heavy.
How is the LHT reticle in low light on low magnification in the timber?

OP
B

BCD

WKR
I have Razor LHT 3-15 and Trijicon Credo HX 2.5-15. I prefer the Trijicon.

I have a Credo 2-10 FFP enroute as well
What do you like better about the Trijicon? I would think the LHT might be better in low light being SFP?

ChrisAU

WKR

I've had both, the Credo gets the nod for: Wider FOV on the bottom end, better feeling turrets by a mile, integrated throw lever, and overall the Credo feels like a higher quality product. The Credo can also be had for less $. Sacrifice is a couple oz of weight. The glass is fantastic in both.

How is the LHT reticle in low light on low magnification in the timber?
I’ve only used it on the plains of West Texas so not sure in Timber but I love the eye box. It’s very friendly and the floating dot is the perfect size for me. Impressive scope tracked perfectly to 630 and back. The weight is also a plus. Only had it one season and have also been looking at the Credo. The locking turret on LHT is also very nice. If you could find an LHT around $600-$700 I think that’s tough to beat but I haven’t tried Credo yet and hope to someday. -Kyle

Reactions: BCD
OP
B

BCD

WKR
I have an Accupoint 3-9, it’s on my main coyote rifle, I find the eye box super tight, but I still like it. To the OP, I have a Bushnell Elite 6500 2.5-16x42, duplex reticle, basically NIB to hit the classifieds in a couple days when my newbie 7 day probation ends and I can post in the classifieds, half of your budget. I have another one in DOA reticle also, same scope that I planned on keeping but could probably let go of also.
PM Sent

Huskemaw blue diamond 3-12. I shoot mine to 1000+ yards regularly. I've got it on a lightweight custom 6.5 PRC, intended for 600 yards and under. Rock solid, and if you want to dial, it's great. Also has holdovers if you want to do it that way. 21 oz, excellent glass quality, and great reticle clarity in very low light.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

OP
B

BCD

WKR
Any other suggestions here? It has to be in MILS. I'm leaning towards the Triicon Credo at this point.

BjornF16

WKR

I've had both, the Credo gets the nod for: Wider FOV on the bottom end, better feeling turrets by a mile, integrated throw lever, and overall the Credo feels like a higher quality product. The Credo can also be had for less $. Sacrifice is a couple oz of weight. The glass is fantastic in both.

I'll agree with Chris...just sold my LHT and bought another Credo (and SWFA)

OP
B

BCD

WKR
I have an LHT and SWFA. I like the LHT much better but I don't know how durable it is. Where did you guys find the best price on the Credo?