Do you bow hunt during gun season?

Pretty much archery,sometimes I will take my rifle or g20.
Wish I had it two days ago,matter of fact the biggest 3 bucks I’ve seen on my property in the last 20 years would have been dead with a gun.

Elkhntr08

WKR
If I remember to pick up a shotgun tag, I bow hunt in the gun season. If I don’t, spend a few days relaxing and regrouping.

I do. Put the rifle down over 20 years ago. Some years I don’t harvest a buck but I’m picky with the age of the animal. The reward is worth the risk for me.

Patton

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, bow through the season but will break out the rifle towards the end for some doe killing.

Super 91

Lil-Rokslider
I used to hunt with whatever season it was. Archery early, then muzzleloader, then rifle, then late muzzleloader, then late archery.

As the years progressed, I hunted early archery, then moved to muzzleloader, and rarely would pick up my rifle, then late muzzleloader, then archery.

Lately I've not picked up my muzzleloader and just hunted archery all the way through all seasons. I have still been able to put all the meat in the freezer I've wanted to, and enjoyed just hunting with my bow.

I guess for me it has boiled down to what I enjoy the most. At one time I enjoyed all three very much, but as I've aged, I found that I enjoy archery the most and just prefer to hunt that way the most. I've always enjoyed archery the most of the three, but knowing big bucks were on the move the most here during early muzzleloader, I wanted to have the best opportunity to shoot one, so it hunting with a muzzleloader was certainly at the top of my list. As I have aged, trying to get that big buck hasn't been such a huge thing for me, and if one comes by just out of my effective range with a bow, so be it and I'm fine watching him walk on. I enjoy the thrill of the hunt, and for me taking something with a bow is the most satisfying thing. I get more tore up having a wary doe come in than I do most bucks as I know it's tough to shoot a doe sometimes with as careful as they can be compared to many bucks.

If someone wants to hunt with whatever weapon they choose, I'm 100% fine with that because we have that liberty and freedom and I love that. For me, I feel that archery is my passion, and enjoy that so that. is where I am in life and love every minute I am able to be in the field with my bow and hope to be able to do it for many more years.

nh85

FNG
I like doing both, sometimes I like getting in a stand when the hunting pressure gets worse and finding a good spot back in the thick stuff away from more open areas with more people/pressure

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
Some days I bring the bow during gun season just cause I love to bow hunt and don’t enjoy rifle as much. I do like to have my rifle for driving around and walking around we have killed a few decent bucks just walking around in the middle of the day. I have actually brought both up the tree with me so I could use the bow for close shots and the gun for out of bow range. It was a lot of fun getting down lol . I’d hunt with the bow every time but I’m scared to to leave my rifle in the truck as things get stolen out in my public often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk