Does this scope exist? Thick reticle, light, dials

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
No this is a rifle he uses only for western trips, elk and mule deer usually 2-400.

Either reticle will work fine then. The P3 would certainly be my choice, however the L3 is defiantly fantastic when wind isn’t needing to be held.

This is over budget but I may pay the difference to have it done with. This looks like the best option by a large margin

Quite frankly they are the most overlooked, “best” scope that fits most hunters needs.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I need to call them, the 4-16 p3 really does look like the best option (3-12 is OOS)

The 4-16 is a nice scope, but as stated does have limited elevation. And, it is larger than the 3-12x. The 3-12x with the new BDC turret design and the P3 reticle is probably what most hunters looking for a scope above the $200 mass market should be looking at.

OP
DangerRanger
The 4-16 is a nice scope, but as stated does have limited elevation. And, it is larger than the 3-12x. The 3-12x with the new BDC turret design and the P3 reticle is probably what most hunters looking for a scope above the $200 mass market should be looking at.
bummer, no go for this year then

OP
DangerRanger
I tried to buy one in March and their shipment timing was June/july. I’ll call them back on the off chance they are getting them in before mid October

Edit* end of October

Last edited:

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Last night I could see things through my S&B 3-12x42 Klassik an hour after sunset and it gave better resolution than my 8x42 Zeiss Conquest binoculars. No moon either. I have the P3L reticle. Without illumination only the outer posts were visible, but we are talking end of dusk/early night.

If it catches the light correctly at dusk there is some vail glare. For the most part still shootable, but annoying. In states with legal shooting times, this would not have been an issue as I did not notice it until 45 minutes after sunset.

Anyway, I highly recommend an S&B. My only complaint is now I want new binoculars.

OP
DangerRanger
Last night I could see things through my S&B 3-12x42 Klassik an hour after sunset and it gave better resolution than my 8x42 Zeiss Conquest binoculars. No moon either. I have the P3L reticle. Without illumination only the outer posts were visible, but we are talking end of dusk/early night.

If it catches the light correctly at dusk there is some vail glare. For the most part still shootable, but annoying. In states with legal shooting times, this would not have been an issue as I did not notice it until 45 minutes after sunset.

Anyway, I highly recommend an S&B. My only complaint is now I want new binoculars.
Yeah I was actually about to buy one for myself earlier this year. May end up trading my credo out for one when they get more

Either reticle will work fine then. The P3 would certainly be my choice, however the L3 is defiantly fantastic when wind isn’t needing to be held.

Quite frankly they are the most overlooked, “best” scope that fits most hunters needs.
Well you asked for a very specific scope.
Scope that hold zero are the Holly grail because its a feature not common to most manufacturers.
You didn't state a price in the op

OP
DangerRanger
Ok.
So you are in fact asking for a holly grail. 😃
Well the scopes I listed in the original post are all right there, I wanted to know if I’m forgetting something.

The accupoint seems like the best option at this point, but I may just say screw it and buy an shv. My credo would fit all of this if the reticle was slightly thicker

The Klassik shipment should be in end of October

fwafwow

WKR
Well you asked for a very specific scope.
Scope that hold zero are the Holly grail because its a feature not common to most manufacturers.
You didn't state a price in the op

Sorry to be too lazy to research - is this scope still offered, and what’s the average price (new/used)?

TxLite

WKR
Sorry to be too lazy to research - is this scope still offered, and what’s the average price (new/used)?
They still offer them at Eurooptic. I paid $1400 for mine a few months back but ended up returning it.

Not sure if mine was damaged internally or what but it had a terrible sight picture at low light. It caused a glare that would wash out the entire target if I was over roughly 6x in low light conditions

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
They still offer them at Eurooptic. I paid $1400 for mine a few months back but ended up returning it.

Not sure if mine was damaged internally or what but it had a terrible sight picture at low light. It caused a glare that would wash out the entire target if I was over roughly 6x in low light conditions
I will look through mine at higher magnification tonight. I did not take it past 6x because with the 42x objective the exit pupil starts getting small.

TxLite

WKR
I will look through mine at higher magnification tonight. I did not take it past 6x because with the 42x objective the exit pupil starts getting small.
I’d be interested to hear what you find. When my scope arrived it had obviously been bouncing around inside the box which is why I am wondering if it was internally damaged. I’ve seen a few other reports that had the same issue but I’ve also seen people say they had zero issues, so I’m not sure. The return went smoothly with euro so customer service was great.

I primarily noticed it over 6x, worsening as zoom increased. Especially if there was any skyline visible in the sight picture. During full daylight it was great though and I really like what it has to offer. I may try another one in the future

atmat

WKR
FYI — OpticsTradeEU may be able to get you and SB 3-12x42 sooner than EuroOptics.