Dyneema Puff Silencer

dlee56

WKR
I started with the Navajo wool balls on my longbow but it still seemed louder than I'd like. I did some research on Trad Lab and liked the sound of Dynapuffs because of the increased dampening effect, water resistance over the wool balls, and they still look half decent.
Dynapuffs are about $12 on 3rivers for a pack of 4. But since dynapuffs are just little sections of dyneema cord I instead got 25' of Dyneema Rope for $15 to save some money in the long run. I cut four 2" sections, threw a constrictor knot in the middle with some serving and laid them in the string at 1/4 and 1/3 of the way into the string as it stated in the Trad Lab article. I'm totally blown away at how big of a difference this made, this is one of the quietest bows I've shot in a long time.

20220729_083249.jpg

Has anyone else used dyneema puffs long term? I'm wondering how water resistant they really are after a lot of use.

Kentucky

WKR
I bought a section for amsteel rope 5 years ago, still using same piece, and the silencers will last longer than the string…best hands down

Rob5589

WKR
I tried the paracord puffs and they worked well but I found cat whiskers to work better. I believe Cody like them as well but didn't use them because he couldn't get them to come out as a ball :LOL:

ScottinPA

WKR
I went from cat whiskers to 550 cord outer shell last year. 2" long and put them between the strands. Then I tie some FF around the joint of the cord and string to keep them from slipping.