E-Bike Recommendations

BigLou

FNG
Friends,
have decided to buy an e-bike for this season. I can't afford to spend $4-7k on a high-end bike, but there are a host of bikes in the $1-2k range. They are all Chinese made and I am worried about quality. Do any of you have actual experience (good or bad) with these lower end bikes that you would share?

thanks much

Lou

pk_

WKR
Go with a reputable seller who will stand behind a warranty.

I did a ton of research and ended up going with an m2s r750, I spent a bit more money to get the biggest battery they sell and it was worth every penny, I believe it is rated for 80 miles and it seems pretty accurate (on flat ground). I think with the battery upgrade it put me right around $3k.

I had a controller issue with my bike, from reading everything I could find on the internet at the time it seems like it was a total fluke, not a common problem. M2s support was responsive and did what they had to do to fix the issue (shipped me a brand new controller as soon as it was in stock).

TravisIN

WKR
Build your own!
0769df24fa50b38e576f38b2710a100e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a Magicyclebike this winter. Inexpensive, but so far so good. Wanted to try a cheaper one to see if I’d use it / like it. Was 1300 , think they’re up to 14-1500 now

bigmike23

Lil-Rokslider
imo, tough to find a good ebike at any price. Even bikes from m2s. biktrik, bakcou, Rambo and quietkat all run low-end drivetrains and low-end components.

imo, tough to find a good ebike at any price. Even bikes from m2s. biktrik, bakcou, Rambo and quietkat all run low-end drivetrains and low-end components.
I have a bakcou and am happy with it just not what I paid... with the components it has, what are better ? I don't know much about bikes so I'd like to know more.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

KHNC

WKR
Go with a reputable seller who will stand behind a warranty.

I did a ton of research and ended up going with an m2s r750, I spent a bit more money to get the biggest battery they sell and it was worth every penny, I believe it is rated for 80 miles and it seems pretty accurate (on flat ground). I think with the battery upgrade it put me right around $3k.

I had a controller issue with my bike, from reading everything I could find on the internet at the time it seems like it was a total fluke, not a common problem. M2s support was responsive and did what they had to do to fix the issue (shipped me a brand new controller as soon as it was in stock).

M2S is located here in NC a few miles from my office. I went by their shop to ride some of the bikes before i purchased. I have two of the mid drives. Hard tails with no suspension in front either. Havent even needed it as the ride on the fat tires is smooth. Standard battery got 27 miles in New Mexico before i absolutely had to give it a charge. Nice people at the shop. But all e-bikes are made outside the US and shipped here.

Reactions: pk_

KHNC

WKR
Should always go with Mid drive vs Hub drive.

bigmike23

Lil-Rokslider
Should always go with Mid drive vs Hub drive.
mid for sure, but I'm more specifically talking about the gearing and drivetrains. The standard chain, cassette, and derailer setup are not sufficient for the torque these mid-drives are putting out. Join any number of facebook groups for nearly ebike manufacturer and you'll read countless problems with bent teeth, broken chains, broken derailleurs, etc. I also don't like how every manufacturer is basically using the same parts and engine. Theres almost no innovation. All top end bikes use the same bafang ultra motor. The same cannot be said for atvs for example.
The only bike I'm really interested in is the Biktrix Juggarnaut XD coming later this year. They actually innovated and developed their own in-house motor. And that motor transmits the power through a much beefier motorcycle chain and much stouter gearing in the rear. If it works as intended, you can go full throttle all day and not worry about excessive wear to the drivetrain.

TravisIN

WKR
I was just messaging a guy about mine and told him the same thing about the cassette and chain. Didn’t mention the derailleur but assume it will fail at some point. I’ve been using mine since September and am still on my factory parts but have already purchased the spares with the assumption they will fail. But i did my upgrade on a schwinn from Walmart. I love it haha

Clarson757

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Anyone running a Bakcou? After a lot of research, seems they come out on top of the other top tier stuff? Plan to use this around town and get on some deeper hunts with trails that are gated to vehicle travel. Plus I’ll take it out to some blm spots for quail and maybe even to do a few overnight muley hunts. It’ll save me a lot more hiking time and sweat getting to a few of my go to spots.

Anyone running a Bakcou? After a lot of research, seems they come out on top of the other top tier stuff? Plan to use this around town and get on some deeper hunts with trails that are gated to vehicle travel. Plus I’ll take it out to some blm spots for quail and maybe even to do a few overnight muley hunts. It’ll save me a lot more hiking time and sweat getting to a few of my go to spots.

I have the Mule 1000. Absolutely love it.

Lowg08

WKR
Look at Rambo. I broke my ankle so I had to get one. We have ended up with 2 and my sis and BIL have 2. So far it’s been pretty good. I haven’t got to ride yet. Broke ankle and all but everyone else likes them. My wife can pull my son up a steep hill in the cart and he is 112# so far so good. My BIL had a lil miss hap. Yanked a cable out of his box and they sent him a whole new bike. We have 3 savage 750 and a nomad between the two families. You missed a sale. I got 2 bikes, front and rear racks, large basket, trailer and tailgate cover for 4400.

Attachments

• 264F103F-FB13-4290-84A2-2C1EEE58F681.jpeg
    264F103F-FB13-4290-84A2-2C1EEE58F681.jpeg
    670.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 0C18CD31-065A-4D79-99C4-1EB73255CD15.jpeg
    0C18CD31-065A-4D79-99C4-1EB73255CD15.jpeg
    730.3 KB · Views: 39

Wrench

WKR
I bought a used trek powerfly 5 for 2k. It has a 250w mid drive bosch. It is great on batteries and doesn't leave me wanting more. My bike weight is about the same a a Walmart mtn bike.

I was going to go m2s ultra ht....but am glad to have been able to score a known quantity bike.

Clarson757

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Anyone using their ebike out west? I hunt in some pretty steep stuff so I’m hoping the bike can handle a climb. I’d like to get 10-12 miles deep and back without worry.

bigmike23

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone using their ebike out west? I hunt in some pretty steep stuff so I’m hoping the bike can handle a climb. I’d like to get 10-12 miles deep and back without worry.
Like is said months ago, this is the one you want. Way more power than any bafang ultra motor. The frame is the video I don't like but they offer the other sportier frame with the dorado battery. It's a beast

Cooper#1

FNG
Classified Approved
Are you looking for a like new Bakcou Mule Step Thru?

I have a like new one.