E-bike vs ATV

I should be able to draw a 3rd season Deer tag in Gunnison Co this year. I have a ATV and I am thinking about getting a E-bike (for more than just this hunt). If you guys had both options would you take the bike, ATV, both or neither? Thanks for the advise.

jonathond

FNG
Excellent question! I don't have an ATV, but was just looking at e-bike options today. I was focused on large battery/long distance as a criteria.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

wapitibob

WKR
Depends on how far I was riding. I go 5-10 miles one way on the atv when going to a hunting spot. For hunting itself, I use a mt bike on closed or sparsely used roads.

Tom W.

FNG
Consider the weather too...can be snowy/icy around Gunnison during 3rd season. ATV would probably perform better in the snow/ice.

Daubsnu1

FNG
My brother looked in to e-bikes...we currently run ATV's when hunting mule deer.

To me, it's a no-brainer...use your ATV. Yes, it's louder, but when it's out of fuel...just fill it up. When an electric bike runs out of juice...you are pushing it.

We haul our deer on back of ATV. Try doing that on an e-bike.

I've had my ATV's in Moab...they can tackle some very difficult terrain.

The only way I would consider an e-bike is for an area that doesn't permit motorized vehicles.