E Bikes, the new motorized access scourge?

ndbuck09

WKR
You do realize they are legal on some trails and more trails will be becoming open shortly. Then they can get you for personal property vandalism on federal property

Is it vandalism if there's no damage is my question. All the people getting triggered from someone saying they'd let the air out of their tires simply proves the point. Without the e bike you're scared of actually having to walk out and do it the right way, would rather act all tough like you're going to come beat someone up. If you have to use an ebike in, you're probably not catching me when I run uphill. My point was only for the non-motorized USFS trail designations.

Lowg08

WKR
Is it vandalism if there's no damage is my question. All the people getting triggered from someone saying they'd let the air out of their tires simply proves the point. Without the e bike you're scared of actually having to walk out and do it the right way, would rather act all tough like you're going to come beat someone up. If you have to use an ebike in, you're probably not catching me when I run uphill. My point was only for the non-motorized USFS trail designations.
You might want to go back and look at my other post over the years. Then you may reserve your assumption. Look into people before you accuse them of fat and lazy. I’m far from either. I do though have a plate 6 screws and a pin in my ankle as of June 30 2022 and 3 months out I can do a uphill mile gaining 1200’ elevation in 28 minutes. So maybe before and probably after my surgery I can run most people down

In South Carolina last I checked we couldn’t use them or anything with a motor. Which is crappy because they can’t do much if any damage. Horses are allowed though lol.

Lowg08

WKR
In South Carolina last I checked we couldn’t use them or anything with a motor. Which is crappy because they can’t do much if any damage. Horses are allowed though lol.
The USFS is opening roads that may or may not be under official signage yet. There will be legal roads that may not be under the proper signage yet and perfectly legal to be there. It will be all USFS across the country designated by regional supervision

Ledfordjl

Lil-Rokslider
I have an E-Bike and wish they would outlaw them all together.
Don’t get me wrong, I use the heck out of mine but I also see people in areas I go that have no business being back there. I would gladly give my E-bike up if others did too.

lacofdfireman

Lil-Rokslider
Utah is cracking down on E-bikes. Utah is headquarters for Bakcou and a few other e-bike companies. Wonder how this will effect them. I don’t get how people will
Sped $6-8k for these bikes. Just insane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lowg08

WKR
Utah is cracking down on E-bikes. Utah is headquarters for Bakcou and a few other e-bike companies. Wonder how this will effect them. I don’t get how people will

A few will end up ruining it for all.

I am not sure what good limiting the ban to class 2 and 3 will do. There is nothing I could do on a 2 or 3 that I couldn't do on a 1. It's not like it takes any real physical effort to pedal a Class 1 in the maximum assist mode.

^ it's an enforcement quandary as well; if it has a motor- use it where motorized use is allowed, if not allowed pay the fine - period

Class 1, 1A, 2....... is confusing and BS
It's an enforcement quandary only as it is difficult to tell the difference between a class 1 and 3. The class 2 is easily recognized by the throttle.

These are widely used definitions of the classes.

• Class 1: The Class 1 e-bike provides assistance only when you pedal, and stops assisting when you reach 20 mph.
  • Class 2: The Class 2 e-bike is equipped with a throttle which provides a boost without pedaling, and stops assisting at 20 mph. The throttle can be used in conjunction with pedaling.
  • Class 3: The Class 3 e-bike only provides assistance when you pedal up until the bike reaches 28 mph

bc54

FNG
no one is morally superior for using X mode of transportation as opposed to Y

within regs -- live, let live and put meat in the freezer