Early archery pant choice?

I hunt at timberline in Colorado during archery season. I wear the Kuiu Attack pants with a 145 merino base layer under them. Great pants. The reason I run Kuiu is the side vents they put on their pants. They are great for dumping heat. I also own a pair of FL Kanabs that would work well with a merino base layer. FL is coming out with a new pant that improves on the Kanab 2.0 that is awesome. I know a guy that tested them. I think they are called Obsidian.

Colorado early archery.

The past few years in CO I have worn Sitka Ascents, Kuiu Attack, and Kuiu Alpines. I didn't really love any of them. I picked up a pair of Kuiu Tiburons to try out this year. If I'm still not satisfied I'm going to try the new Sitka Ascents.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tiburons for me. Not a fanboy thing they just won out because of fit and function. The sitka ascent was a close second but couldn't find any in a solid color and tall at the time. My o.c.d. with pockets wouldn't allow me to wear prana.

ColoradoHunterHiker

Lil-Rokslider
The past few years in CO I have worn Sitka Ascents, Kuiu Attack, and Kuiu Alpines. I didn't really love any of them. I picked up a pair of Kuiu Tiburons to try out this year. If I'm still not satisfied I'm going to try the new Sitka Ascents.

I'm betting you'll like them... I wore them all of turkey season and all of elk season. I was not impressed with the alpine pants, but for anything that is colder than what the tiburons will do, the attack was a good fit. My complaint of the attacks is the size of the cargo pocket makes it so you can't put a gloved hand in the pocket... not convenient for frequently used gear.

Good luck with the Tiburons

oopslala

FNG
Big thank you to everyone who contributed their input and reviews on all the pants.

I ended up going with the prana Zion stretch pants at backcountry. They have them for 58 in the mud color, and I got 2 pair.

Pretty impressed with their customer service, within 5 minutes of places the order I received a call from them saying thank you and asking what I needed them for, asked about shed hunting etc. first time I've had that from a company before.

2 day free shipping too, I'll post a short write up on them in a week or so.

Again thanks everyone.

ColoradoHunterHiker

Lil-Rokslider
One note of mention, that I go over in a lot of my videos here: Colorado HunterHiker
- YouTube
on the Kuiu pants. If you're hot and already have the hip zips open, open the cargo pockets too. They are connected and help breath as well. Just be careful not to lose stuff out of them (haven't yet). I noticed this made a huge difference with the attack and guide pants when it was hot this past rifle season(s) in Colorado.

Good luck!

I might be overthinking this, but what would you recommend. Last week of August archery season. Leaning toward the TIBURON PANT by KUIU.

sitka ascent pants are nice...if you going to be on the ground or your knees the moutain or timberline are a good choice.

mtfallon

Lil-Rokslider
Sitka Ascents are supposed to have slots for knee pads this year! Dont' think they come with them like the Mountain/Timberline though.

KHNC

WKR
Browning Hells Canyon Speed javelin pants are pretty awesome for hot weather. Also, just bought a set of Pnuma Tenacity pants as well for early antelope in Wyoming.

Do u need camo pants for archery elk? Does pant noise matter? I tried my Sitka traverse today on the ski hill and I sweated too much. I may Try Sitka ascent as I think Sitka apex will be too hot in southern Colorado in mid September. Thoughts? Would rocky pants be an option? I have solid color hiking pants from Costco that wick sweat great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do u need camo pants for archery elk? Does pant noise matter? I tried my Sitka traverse today on the ski hill and I sweated too much. I may Try Sitka ascent as I think Sitka apex will be too hot in southern Colorado in mid September. Thoughts? Would rocky pants be an option? I have solid color hiking pants from Costco that wick sweat great

The Costco hiking pants are perfect for archery elk. Watch YouTube and you will see lots of successful hunters wearing nothing but solid tops and bottoms.