Editing Software

To all you film makers out there, what software do you use to edit your hunting videos? I would like to start documenting my hunts through film so I'm looking to get some advice on what editing software would be good to use. The videos will be fairly basic with some voice overs and music added. All suggestions are greatly appreciated, Thanks.

colonel00

WKR
I'm no pro but I have recently started using Sony Vegas Movie Studio and it is taking a bit to learn it but I like what it can do so far. You can get really good deals on software if you search around.

KHNC

WKR
Pinnacle HD if you have a PC. The Pinnacle HD-15 is much easier to use than version 16. I have them all the way back to version 10. Same concept until version 16, which is much more complicated.

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I've used Premiere Pro for 10 years now and really love the latest Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Master Collection, but it's spendy. If you're working with HD footage, it's a powerful program and easy to edit files with GoPro and other HD files.

Unless you're a quick learner, I'd say go with Vegas for simplicity and workflow functions.

Make sure your source footage (HD or Standard DV) is compatible with the software you buy fro editing.

lb

OP
N
I had looked up the Sony Movie studio software and found that you can find it for a relatively low price. I might go that route until I get a little more savvy at film editing then I'll upgrade to something with more features if I need it. Thanks for the advice fellas.