Electric Fat Bikes

Jaquomo

WKR
Thanks,I didn't know that,seems the BLM also considers them to be motor vehicles.
Actually the BLM and other Department of Interior lands allow ebikes on nonmotorized trails unless designated otherwise. They publish a map showing all the nonmotorized routes where Class 1 and 2 ebikes are allowed. In my area, it is basically all the nonmotorized trails.

Actually the BLM and other Department of Interior lands allow ebikes on nonmotorized trails unless designated otherwise. They publish a map showing all the nonmotorized routes where Class 1 and 2 ebikes are allowed. In my area, it is basically all the nonmotorized trails.
Thanks for posting, that's a nice bit of info.
Do you have a link available?

Bigcat_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I am damn near crippled with back problems. I still kill but its very hard on my body so I wanted an e bike to help but I am cheap, er I mean frugal. So I decided to hire these two boys in Lapine, Oregon to convert my cheap mountain bike into an electric bike. It cost like $1200.00 and I destroyed it within one season. It just totally fell apart and the motor broke. I was pissed but did't murder the Lapine boys. I let it go.

So I decided to finally buy a real one. I was going to go with Bacou because they had good reviews and good price point but they didn't have a 17" frame (I'm short). So I bought a Quetkat Warrior with a mid drive motor. It is badass. It can haul my 290 lb fat body up these hills no problem. You still have to pedal up the steep stuff and be in the easiest gear. If it is super steep you have to walk it. But it is a life saver for me. If you have a lot of hills then definitely get one that is not a single gear. Mine has 8 speeds I think. So far I have about 25 miles on mine. All up into elk country. Oh and be ready to ride up on stuff. They're almost silent. If they made silent ATV's with technology it would almost be unfair.

These things are way overbuilt and heavy. Mine is 75lbs I think. They should have made them lighter for hill climbing. That is my only complaint so far.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I am damn near crippled with back problems. I still kill but its very hard on my body so I wanted an e bike to help but I am cheap, er I mean frugal. So I decided to hire these two boys in Lapine, Oregon to convert my cheap mountain bike into an electric bike. It cost like $1200.00 and I destroyed it within one season. It just totally fell apart and the motor broke. I was pissed but did't murder the Lapine boys. I let it go.

So I decided to finally buy a real one. I was going to go with Bacou because they had good reviews and good price point but they didn't have a 17" frame (I'm short). So I bought a Quetkat Warrior with a mid drive motor. It is badass. It can haul my 290 lb fat body up these hills no problem. You still have to pedal up the steep stuff and be in the easiest gear. If it is super steep you have to walk it. But it is a life saver for me. If you have a lot of hills then definitely get one that is not a single gear. Mine has 8 speeds I think. So far I have about 25 miles on mine. All up into elk country. Oh and be ready to ride up on stuff. They're almost silent. If they made silent ATV's with technology it would almost be unfair.

These things are way overbuilt and heavy. Mine is 75lbs I think. They should have made them lighter for hill climbing. That is my only complaint so far.
Why would you be mad at the Lapine boys anyways? You had them convert, by your own admission, cheap mountain bike to electric. Not their fault you wanted to convert a cheap bike. Like putting lipstick on a pig.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bigcat_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Why would you be mad at the Lapine boys anyways? You had them convert, by your own admission, cheap mountain bike to electric. Not their fault you wanted to convert a cheap bike. Like putting lipstick on a pig.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Because the parts they put in there just completely broke apart. Maybe it was my fault I dunno. Maybe that’s why the real bikes are so heavy and overbuilt. Your probably right, I shouldn’t have been mad at them for my cheapness lol.

NoWiser

WKR
FYI, with a bit of research you can order an ebike directly from the companies that manufacture Bakou and QuietKat. You get the same bike, with some upgraded components, for about 1/2 the price, but you have to be ok waiting to get it. I ordered mine in February and just got notice that it's completely built and ready to ship. I should have it in a few weeks. It's the same as a Bakcou mule with all the upgrades for well under 1/2 the price. I'd recommend those interested, who have patience, spend some time digging and save yourselves a bunch of money.

FYI, with a bit of research you can order an ebike directly from the companies that manufacture Bakou and QuietKat. You get the same bike, with some upgraded components, for about 1/2 the price, but you have to be ok waiting to get it. I ordered mine in February and just got notice that it's completely built and ready to ship. I should have it in a few weeks. It's the same as a Bakcou mule with all the upgrades for well under 1/2 the price. I'd recommend those interested, who have patience, spend some time digging and save yourselves a bunch of money.
Care to share how one might find these manufacturers? Specifically the Bakcou mule?

sacklunch

WKR
How are you guys charging these bikes for a week long hunt? Probably be a stretch to use it every morning 3 miles up a drainage foot trail or a FS road and last the entire week? Plan to chain it up for the day, just to/from where I want to start a hike.

Don’t have a generator, do I need one? Can the truck handle it?