Elk guides

Williamtikka270

FNG
Classified Approved
Any reasonable elk guides for around $2500 in Colorado or Montana ?

Or private land to hunt on

I can’t think of a reputable guide under $5000 and more like $7500. Id take that $2500 and buy tags. Go hunt and learn as you go. Shoot, use the $2500 and take some extra time off work for more days in the field.

WRO

WKR
I can’t think of a reputable guide under $5000 and more like $7500. Id take that $2500 and buy tags. Go hunt and learn as you go. Shoot, use the $2500 and take some extra time off work for more days in the field.

I know some under 7500 but they’re not in Colorado or Montana

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
With all due respect a post like this makes you look like you’re out of touch with the current status of guided hunts or elk hunting in general. As a moderator, I want to ensure that everyone is treated with respect but when you make a post like this, it makes it hard for folks to provide you a decent and respectable answer. I doubt you’ll find a cow elk hunt for $2500. I did a quick Internet search and found a Colorado cow elk hunt for three days for $4500.

I would highly recommend you do an Internet search and look through several guided elk hunt websites. I would imagine the AVERAGE decent bull elk hunt is around $7500 for 3 to 5 days.

Hunts with outfitters these days range from 5k-sky’s the limit. That’s usually just for guides, food, and some lodging. I’d either save that and add more for next year or go on a different species hunt, like antelope.

WRO

WKR
With all due respect a post like this makes you look like you’re out of touch with the current status of guided hunts or elk hunting in general. As a moderator, I want to ensure that everyone is treated with respect but when you make a post like this, it makes it hard for folks to provide you a decent and respectable answer. I doubt you’ll find a cow elk hunt for $2500. I did a quick Internet search and found a Colorado cow elk hunt for three days for $4500.

I would highly recommend you do an Internet search and look through several guided elk hunt websites. I would imagine the AVERAGE decent bull elk hunt is around $7500 for 3 to 5 days.

I sold a pile of them for 1200-1800 for a 3 day.

The internet ads aren’t always the best source.

Go hunt has several hunts listed with tags that are 4-7k.

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
I sold a pile of them for 1200-1800 for a 3 day.

The internet ads aren’t always the best source.

Go hunt has several hunts listed with tags that are 4-7k.

If you would book me an genuine elk hunt for $1800.00 for 3 days I will prepay for the next 25 years

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member

Well said. Many threads get unnecessary snarky responses, along with useless sarcasm.
This one is hard to defend!

WRO

WKR
Cody Cole’s does them in Oregon for 2k last I spoke to him.

Birch creek guide service had them for 1300 with no lodging or food.

Both in Oregon with very high success rates.

Birch creek and no tellum guide service in Oregon have bull hunts under 6k, Brian who owns birch creek is one of my close friends and I’ve hunted with him 10+ times absolutely one of the most talented guys I ever been in the woods with. I guided with walker who started no tellum and he’s as talented as it gets. I booked my dad with him when I had a scheduling conflict and he drew a tag.

I just spoke to another friend that I’ve guided for that has 4 guided bull tags for 6k with a deal if you fill 4 of them. We’ve killed everything from raghorns to low 300 bulls on that hunt.

Last edited: