enlightened equipment wind shirt

looking for an unlined windbreaker for our south Georgia change of seasons. Not going into woods with it. Would like to buy American and the EE is only thing could find that fills the ticket. Any comments good/bad on the shirt or the company will help. Not looking to start a war here,, just stick to windbreakers unlined please

oenanthe

WKR
I have one in 20d MARPAT. I like it and would buy it again. Good shirt, good company, no issues. But be aware that the 20d fabric is less breathable than the 10d and 7d options; it's not for highly active wear. The fit is fairly loose and it will easily fit over layers, even a puffy is no problem.

Mike7

WKR
The Patagonia Houdini is pretty darn good. Very light, packable, breathable, & wind resistant...and fairly durable considering that it is paper thin. Just don't buy it from a 2nd Ammendment undermining retailer, and you should be all good ethically. Lol

For mild weather, I wear an old OR Ferossi with a light baselayer. The Ferossi is heavier and more duable for hiking off trail but not as wind resistant or light as the Houdini. I only take the Ferrosi on day hikes.

For cold windy dry weather, I wear a mid to heavy fleece for hiking up a hill, and then put on the Houdini over this as needed or when I get to the top.

Some of the ultralight hiker people apparently use the Houdini as part of their entire extended hiking/overnight cold weather layering system with or without a rain shell. I feel like it can rain any day of the year at almost any elevation in the Cascades or N. ID, so I am afraid to ever go overnight without a rain shell, which is also a good windshirt when you are not exerting yourself.

*zap*

WKR
PCU level 4 wind jacket is awesome, Made in USA and unlined. Light and very windproof. Level 5 soft shell is also good and has some other features like a hood and pit zips.

sneaky

"DADDY"
looking for an unlined windbreaker for our south Georgia change of seasons. Not going into woods with it. Would like to buy American and the EE is only thing could find that fills the ticket. Any comments good/bad on the shirt or the company will help. Not looking to start a war here,, just stick to windbreakers unlined please
Nunatak is American made, custom to your specs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

*zap*

WKR
Gray Wolf Woolens custom makes clothing in wolfskin which is very durable and windproof, maybe give them a call.....I have a Henley from them in predator camo that is a great light wind shirt.