Excited for this year how’d yall season go

Bears

FNG
Terrible -

Had to entertain visitors the weekend I drew for Osceola turkey hunting. Hunted a WMA in south GA and my hunt was interrupted by a mudding fisherman playing loud rap music from a truck right behind my decoy setup. Got a chance to hunt nice private land middle GA and called in a couple Eastern birds but wasn't able to get a clean shot.

Didn't hardly catch a fish the times I went out bass fishing in my new boat.

Deer hunting was a bust as my three buddies were all dealing with their own health problems and at my ranch the deer I had on my cameras consistently no-showed the couple times I was able to sit in my stand.

Regardless I loved every minute spent out in the woods and on the water.

Iowafarmer

Lil-Rokslider
Can’t complain DIY Colorado elk and granddaughter got a decent buck here pheasant hunting could have been better

Attachments

• IMG_2368.jpeg
    IMG_2368.jpeg
    456.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2513.jpeg
    IMG_2513.jpeg
    332.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2432.jpeg
    IMG_2432.jpeg
    325.8 KB · Views: 14

roosterdown

Lil-Rokslider
Flat-out Excellent.
Helped Daughter kill her first anything - big Tom Turkey in May.
Some great fishing in Canada on lengthy canoe trips in the spring, summer and early fall.
Four archery kills: Antelope in August, Doe and then 16 point Booner whitetails in October, 10 point P&Y WT buck in November.
Got afield with son, home from college, watched him shoot a few birds.
About three dozen pheasants and a few sharpies on the season.
Multiple freezers completely full.
Finally, saw two shooter bucks on the hoof after the season that should both be great bucks this fall.
'23 will be hard to top, but I look forward to trying!
2023-10-23_07-52-54_514.jpeg

Last edited:

Hnthrdr

WKR
2023 was good to me. Went from almost unlimited hunting time in 2021 to very limited in 2022 with the birth of my first daughter. Killed my best mule deer and elk in 2022, was able to kill another bull and buck in 2023 on limited time. 2nd daughter comes July 2024, so hoping to continue the streak! Really can’t wait till the little ones are old enough to tag along if they want. Might pack my 2 yr old with me bow hunting for some little excursions. She knows all about bugles and bull elk

ewade07

WKR
Shot my first antelope with my bow in August. Sailed on arrow over a 370" bulls back in September. Ended up filling my elk tag on a raghorn opening weekend of rifle. Shot and lost a big mule deer in November. Piled up the pheasants with the dogs Oct-December. Was a pretty good year albeit kind of disappointing whiffing on a huge bull and losing a big buck. But hey, there always next year!

OP
Krcooke92

Krcooke92

FNG
Shot my first antelope with my bow in August. Sailed on arrow over a 370" bulls back in September. Ended up filling my elk tag on a raghorn opening weekend of rifle. Shot and lost a big mule deer in November. Piled up the pheasants with the dogs Oct-December. Was a pretty good year albeit kind of disappointing whiffing on a huge bull and losing a big buck. But hey, there always next year!
Man I hate to hear that it’s hard to get over missing a bull of that caliber

OP
Krcooke92

Krcooke92

FNG
2023 was good to me. Went from almost unlimited hunting time in 2021 to very limited in 2022 with the birth of my first daughter. Killed my best mule deer and elk in 2022, was able to kill another bull and buck in 2023 on limited time. 2nd daughter comes July 2024, so hoping to continue the streak! Really can’t wait till the little ones are old enough to tag along if they want. Might pack my 2 yr old with me bow hunting for some little excursions. She knows all about bugles and bull elk
Congrats would love to see pictures

My crew managed to harvest a caribou, three moose, a deer and a mountain goat this year! Also stocked 60 salmon fillets. Lot of meat processing but happy with full freezers!

bpitcher

FNG
I didn't get to hunt as much this year as I normally do, but I can't complain. Life is good!

My eldest knucklehead shot his first dove. Took some boys I served with on an Arkansas goose hunt. Made my annual pilgrimage to to the Palo Duro and was fortunate enough to take two Aoudad Ewes. One of our guys shot a nice muley to boot.
IMG_3286.jpegIMG_3371.jpegIMG_3378.jpegIMG_3409.jpegIMG_3426.jpegIMG_3428.jpegIMG_3439.jpeg

My deer season was terrible. Worst deer numbers ive ever seen here. Could have shot an avg, 3.5yr buck, but didnt cause he needed to be 2 years older, or 2 miles closer to my truck. Elk season, bad weather. Thick fog and rain. Only elk i saw were on private while driving in to public. Full failure. But i did get my idaho spring bear, 2 wa fall bears, and filled my wa cougar tag from my living room while sitting out a rainy day of elk season. So im not lacking meat for the year. Freezer is full enough, but not a stellar year.