Factory Blemished Scope - What would you do?

trogers861

Lil-Rokslider
Finally received my backordered March 2.5-25x42 from Opticsplanet after a 3 month backorder. The scope is light, compact and the glass is beautiful.

When they were doing the red epoxy fill on the magnification engravings, they got a little sloppy on the '20'. See attached. This is the most expensive scope I have purchased ($2250) and I am pretty annoyed with the blemish. Opticsplanet has offered my a $300 credit or I can return and wait for a new scope (3 month lead). I don't love either option.

What would you guys do? It is a minor blemish, but still annoying. Not sure how something this simple gets by their QC.

Attachments

• IMG_11A814B8451D-1 (1).jpeg
    IMG_11A814B8451D-1 (1).jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_1427 (1).JPG
    IMG_1427 (1).JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 170

sram9102

WKR
I'd take the $$$. If that's for a hunting rig it will probably be somewhat scratched up in a year or two. OP probably has something else you can spend 300 bucks on.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Call March and see what they say.

Maybe a little alcohol or acetone on a q tip? Be careful with acetone.

I would not trust Optics Planet to offer you a decent remedy. I would contact March directly and negotiate for a new UNBLEMISHED item from their inventory. That is embarrassing for them and I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that OP had something to do with it.

OP
T

trogers861

Lil-Rokslider
Its it gonna get beat up during use any ways?
Hopefully not 'beat up' but it will get used. I use a scope/rifle cover.

Kind of like ordering a new truck and it showing up with a small dent. Chances are over the years, you are going to put dents in the truck yourself--but doesn't make you feel good that it showed up with a dent to start with.

Idk a weapon is just a tool to me. I have a very nice custom rifle that has only been hunted like 7 days and the carbon barrel has a bruise and the cera coat has some blemishes.
I try and be careful but I use it.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Idk a weapon is just a tool to me. I have a very nice custom rifle that has only been hunted like 7 days and the carbon barrel has a bruise and the cera coat has some blemishes.
I try and be careful but I use it.
Forms tests were made for you! Haha

I try to baby my guns as much as possible. A soft cover really helps a lot!

Forms tests were made for you! Haha

I try to baby my guns as much as possible. A soft cover really helps a lot!
Ugg I have rifles id through on the ground. Probably not the one I had to sell a house to buy. But if I'm hunting and it is missing paint well.

Don't ever look at my Tundra it has to be missing 30% of the paint. Conservatively. Good thing we don't salt roads in Oregon.