Factory Blemished Scope - What would you do?

atmat

WKR
I would not trust Optics Planet to offer you a decent remedy. I would contact March directly and negotiate for a new UNBLEMISHED item from their inventory. That is embarrassing for them and I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that OP had something to do with it.
I read your “OP” as “original poster” and thought you were saying he did it himself haha. Oops.

That said, 10% off for a minor cosmetic blemish is pretty good — especially if the scope is going to be used hunting a lot. I would request Optics Planet give me $300 cash and not store credit, though.

OP
T

trogers861

Lil-Rokslider
Well March got right back to me surprisingly didn't offer to remedy the issue. They apologized profusely and recommended using nail polish remover (as several of you did). I think I am going to try the polish remover--see if it works and if it does, take that $300 from OP. If it doesn't work, I'll send it back to OP.

mrolen

Lil-Rokslider
I would take the 300 keep the scope and go blemish the hell out of it In the field. If it was going on a safe queen I might be a little up set.

If it were sold as a blemished and guaranteed that was the only thing wrong with it I'd have zero issues...but for that kinda money you would expect it to be 100%...plus I worry if they screwed up something like that was else did they mess up? I don't trust optics planet at all...and haven't for years. Just my .02

kpk

WKR
I'd try the acetone free nail polish remover first and see if that works. The acetone free stuff is more gentle. If that doesn't work then step up to the normal stuff. Just dip a q-tip in the stuff and see if you can "buff" it.

Finally received my backordered March 2.5-25x42 from Opticsplanet after a 3 month backorder. The scope is light, compact and the glass is beautiful.

When they were doing the red epoxy fill on the magnification engravings, they got a little sloppy on the '20'. See attached. This is the most expensive scope I have purchased ($2250) and I am pretty annoyed with the blemish. Opticsplanet has offered my a $300 credit or I can return and wait for a new scope (3 month lead). I don't love either option.

What would you guys do? It is a minor blemish, but still annoying. Not sure how something this simple gets by their QC.
Id take the 300, but I know mine will get scratches on them from stalks sooner rather than later🤷🏼‍♂️

My gear all looks used...I wouldn't wanna be caught dead in the woods with all showroom perfect equipment. But that's just me. Rub a little dirt on it now. Spend the $300 on liquor & a babe.

Charkan72

FNG
Depends on what you treat your gear like and expect it to look like in a year. Myself I would take the money and use it. Specially if that is the scope you want. I would try to get cash back for the 300 and not store credit. I have had some bad luck with Optics Planet over the years.