Favorite backcountry cocktail

Anyone else take booze in the backcountry with you? If so what’s kind of drink do you make with limited resources?

Mosby

WKR
One of the easiest backcountry drinks is liquored Egg Nog. I specifically buy Pennsylvania Dutch brand and the whiskey and cognac are already mixed in. It is really good stuff and great in a flask around a campfire. Normally, I only do that sort of thing when I am trout fishing. When I am deer or elk hunting, I don't drink at all.

Wellsdw

WKR
Im a bourbon guy, do not drink much in the back country but do have a splash before bed. One side note, we do have a tradition in my group which is we each take a can of PBR in. And if the hunting sucks or we need a change of luck we drink them with dinner. (i have so many rough hunts PBR has grown on me as my go to back home)

positivepete!

Lil-Rokslider
I like powdered Gatorade and some bacardi 151. Add water and you got a cocktail that is as potent as you want but dosent take up many ounces.

Swift

Lil-Rokslider
I have Two backcountry favorites
100 proof peppermint schnapps and a hot chocolate package
Favorite bourbon at that time and powdered squirt mix !
Nice little nightcap is always good in the high country even though I do not do that at home seem to sleep a little better well enjoying one of these next to a small campfire are use it as my dessert as I'm not much of a sweets fan 😉

ChrisS

WKR
I bring a bottle of tequila and use lemonade packets for backcountry Margarita
Same, typically for camping it'll be a couple of 250ml plastic bottles of whiskey and sugar-free lemonade packets mixed with cold spring water. Beer is heavy, I only bring some when we're canoeing and loading from the truck. I don't drink much when hunting, but I keep a little 40ml airplane bottle of The Glenlivet in my kill kit.

BAKPAKR

WKR
We took Wild Turkey 101 with us on my dad’s moose hunt for the post-success celebration. After he got his bull, we discovered that we had forgotten the Coke to mix with it. We did have Dr. Pepper and, beside the campfire that night with family and friends, we could not have asked for a better drink.

You don’t want to pack Dr. Pepper too far though😀

WKR
I’ll usually make up a hot powdered Gatorade with 120 proof Knob Creek Bourbon as a night cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that a backpack Hot Toddy? Are you using the yellow gatorade? Haha, Doesn't sound to tasty to me.

Is that a backpack Hot Toddy? Are you using the yellow gatorade? Haha, Doesn't sound to tasty to me.

You’re right, it doesn’t sound very tasty and years ago when a buddy of mine made one up, I thought the same thing, but then I tried it. Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it, you might be surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk