Favorite Non-hunting Brand or Solid Color Pieces for Archery Whitetail

OspreyZB

Lil-Rokslider
I like the LL bean waterfowl sweaters. I have 3 of them and one of the vests, and they're a lot of merino wool for the money.

Everything Duckworth makes is fantastic.

Hondo

WKR
Prana Zion Stretch pants, Marmot Scree pants and Patagonia Field pants are some of my favorite non-hunting branded pants for hunting. Patagonia R1 grid fleece zip tops are great mid-layers. Outdoor Research Ferrosi and Echo lines are great as well. Eddie Bauer First Ascent down vests & jackets get the job done.

Nillion

Lil-Rokslider
I live in my Arcteryx Atom LT during cool/cold weather both while hunting and through daily life. I've had no issue with noise while archery hunting. They usually have at least one color in a neutral tone (brown or green) suitable for hunting.

I love Fjallraven, Kuhl, Outdoor Research, Eddie Bauer (not outlet). For layers tried BlackOvis, and it performs great.

zielkeda

FNG
Columbia ascender hooded softshell jacket. Basic but durable and quiet. Eddie Bauer downlight hooded down jacket underneath for warmth. The soft shell protects this and muffles any noise

rdp123

Lil-Rokslider
I've had great luck with stuff from Outdoor Research, and REI-brand base layers, both of which you can find on sale a lot. The major drawback I've had with some of the hiker/climber-oriented stuff compared to hunting brands is lack of durability.

Super tag

WKR
I like “Verdict” hunting gear, solid colors, very high quality, rivals anything out there, pretty much unknown in the industry.
They will custom tailor for you. My clothes fit like they should and are very comfortable.

R_burg

WKR
Looks like someone bumped an older thread, but I use a lot Acteryx stuff for hunting instead of hunting brands. I also use Norrona and OR, but I've always had a huge soft spot for Arcteryx, especially their shells. Over the past few years as they have become more fashion oriented I'm cooled on them a bit, and moved towards more Norrona stuff. And in general I feel like OR is probably the best bang for the buck in outdoor clothing, so I have a lot of their shirts and that type of gear... oh and their gloves are the best out there and almost all I use (other than ski gloves, where I still rock Hestra's).

I still own all the hunting brands as well... I'm a gear whore like most here. Plus I do like camo outerwear for bow hunting.

Luety

FNG
I know this thread is old at this point, but does anyone have a non hunting brand preference for windproof layers? I currently have all FL gear for western hunting but also live in iowa and am trying to start mobile archery hunting.

Carhartt pants have served me well, they are rugged and have decent solid colors that seem to work. I do tend to splurge on some of the name brands for camo up top though.

You aren’t going to get truly windproof unless you shell out $350+ for a premium hardshell. Nor do you really need truly wind proof unless you are summitting 5000m peaks.

Any decent puffy should have a shell that cuts the wind. Otherwise buy a cheap wind shirt. Patagonia/OR/Black Diamond make highly reviewed ones that are <6 oz. I use a Marmot Driclime which has a light fleece lining, absolutely love it.

fwee6

FNG
I have a down vest I bought from Costco of all places about 5 years ago. Hardly a hunting day from Sept - Dec that I don't have it with me.

Friends have down vests from popular hunting companies that cost 10x what I paid. I like my cost :)

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
xiaoxu425