“Feelers” classified posts

EastMT

WKR
I have a lot of things not for sale that I’d sell for way more than it’s worth. That would make my feelers feel good.

WoodBow

WKR
I always took it as someone has something that they don't HAVE to sell but are considering selling to upgrade or whatever. They are taking the pulse on the market to see what the current used value is. If it is lower than they find acceptable, they will just keep it. If it is higher than they expected, they will happily sell.

I always took it as someone has something that they don't HAVE to sell but are considering selling to upgrade or whatever. They are taking the pulse on the market to see what the current used value is. If it is lower than they find acceptable, they will just keep it. If it is higher than they expected, they will happily sell.

That's been my take as well, though I also agree that the classifieds isn't the right place for those types of threads.

Rock-o

WKR
Another one that gets me is "I'm only selling cuz _____". Please, please, don't give any reason for your sale. It's not necessary, I don't care. You don't need to legitimize it to me. Simply state what you have and any relevant info, and the price.