Field optics research tri pods?

Elite

WKR
Hello I was curious if anyone on here is running there tri pods and accessories? I can find much reviews on them but the you tube videos look very impressive. I would be mainly using it for backpack sheep hunting and mule deer. The pro max looks solid but at 2.93 lbs and folded length of 17 might be big for back packing? And the micro light looks like it might be perfect for my situation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
We will be announcing a whole new tripod system next week. Can't release info yet, not allowed. It is a whole system that has leg extensions, is light, very small, can change the feet to spikes if you are out in the field
It's going to change how people buy tripods
From Promaster and it will have a 3 year no fault warranty on it

Priced very right
It will compliment what they already have

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
We will be announcing a whole new tripod system next week. Can't release info yet, not allowed. It is a whole system that has leg extensions, is light, very small, can change the feet to spikes if you are out in the field
It's going to change how people buy tripods
From Promaster and it will have a 3 year no fault warranty on it

Priced very right
It will compliment what they already have

Any idea which it day will be released on?

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
I figured the field optics tripod would be a little more popular then it is on here

carter33

WKR
Hello I was curious if anyone on here is running there tri pods and accessories? I can find much reviews on them but the you tube videos look very impressive. I would be mainly using it for backpack sheep hunting and mule deer. The pro max looks solid but at 2.93 lbs and folded length of 17 might be big for back packing? And the micro light looks like it might be perfect for my situation?

I have the field optics research microlite carbon. I purchased this as opposed to an outdoorsmans due to weight and cost. I have used mine while shooting for my spotting scope and have shot off of it using the outdoorsmans v-shooting mount. The tripod is lite but if you hang weight off the bottom hook it feels relatively stable. I have not used it on backpacking/hunting trips but it doesn't feel bombproof. I would not be shocked if I have issues with dirt or moisture(then freezing) getting into the legs where they tighten and cause issue. I don't have ample experience with other tripods, have only owned heavy aluminum vanguards until this purchase.

I currently run it with the outdoorsmans panhead and am happy pending my durability concerns which time will tell.

lumis17

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been kind of curious why I haven’t seen much about FOR on here as well. Just recently bought a MicroLite tripod, FPH-230 panhead, and the newer bino quick detach adaptor from a local store that carries them. Unfortunately, I can’t help much with a review yet. The setup seems pretty decent for the price, but I haven’t used it in the field yet.

The Carbon Fiber Tripods will be here today. Give me a call to discuss. I will be here until 6:00.