Fieldcraft is about to be back on the menu boys

atmat

WKR
I prefer Barrett fieldcraft because it’s fully bedded, no one else that I know of does that except nula till they sold out to Wilson arms .
Bedding is cheap and easy, though. And Seekins seem to generally be very accurate.

Plus when you shoot out a barrel, Seekins will rebarrel for a flat $500. If you shoot out a FC, you’re going to have to re-barrel yourself and will then have to re-bed anyway.

I thought I had read somewhere that any work through the custom shop starts at $3,500 - any truth to that, or is it basically like a rebarrel fee if you wanted an Element with a really short barrel?

I don't know what they charge for a full rifle but the quotes I've gotten for other custom shop work has been extremely reasonable so I doubt they'd charge that much more to run a custom length barrel through the CNC.

I recently got quoted for a 6 ARC AR-15 barrel from them in a 7 or 7.5 twist which isn't there standard for anything and in a heavier than standard contour and longer gas system and they told me $550 which I think it what they sell most of their barrels for.

idahodave

WKR
I'm trying real hard to get myself to like that spiral fluting...I'm just not there yet

I felt EXACTLY the same way when I first saw them. As soon as I shot mine the first time, I was a fan. They are indeed a bit "Buck Rogers-ish"...but they've grown on me.

I think there is some functionality there too, in terms of barrel stiffness and associated accuracy with some weight savings....or maybe that's just good marketing. I suppose it depends on who you ask.

Dave

Is that factory fully bedded?

Yes but they only bed the action and not the barrel. Barrett bedded the full length because otherwise that flimsy ass stock would flex and touch the barrel. The Seekins is a free floated barrel unlike the fieldcraft and the forend is incredibly rigid.

Bedding is cheap and easy, though. And Seekins seem to generally be very accurate.

Plus when you shoot out a barrel, Seekins will rebarrel for a flat $500. If you shoot out a FC, you’re going to have to re-barrel yourself and will then have to re-bed anyway.
Well I only use my rifles for hunting, maybe 10-15 shots a year and that’s with sighting it in . Saw seekins, and handled them but seems a little too tactical for my liking, since most of my hunting is in a treestand . But I guess everyone is a little different.

Yes but they only bed the action and not the barrel. Barrett bedded the full length because otherwise that flimsy ass stock would flex and touch the barrel. The Seekins is a free floated barrel unlike the fieldcraft and the forend is incredibly rigid.
Flimsy stock on a fieldcraft? Have you ever owned one? Because I have and there is nothing flimsy about the fieldcraft stock, I guess Melvin Forbes should have thought about not using his flimsy stocks on his nula rifles too.

ljalberta

WKR
Flimsy stock on a fieldcraft? Have you ever owned one? Because I have and there is nothing flimsy about the fieldcraft stock, I guess Melvin Forbes should have thought about not using his flimsy stocks on his nula rifles too.
The redneck bmxer is a grade A troll. I doubt he has ever touched a Fieldcraft, let alone checked the flexibility of the stock. They are stiff.

It's not flimsy because they bedded the thing to the steel tube running through it, if they hadn't done it, yes it would be flimsy. Why else would the bed the full length of the stock which is totally in the opposite direction of what produces and accurate rifle.

Yes I had a fieldcraft 308 and I wasn't impressed by it, I really don't get the hype they do.

ljalberta

WKR
It's not flimsy because they bedded the thing to the steel tube running through it, if they hadn't done it, yes it would be flimsy. Why else would the bed the full length of the stock which is totally in the opposite direction of what produces and accurate rifle.

Yes I had a fieldcraft 308 and I wasn't impressed by it, I really don't get the hype they do.
You have no idea what you’re talking about and have clearly never held a Fieldcraft, or taken the action out from the stock. 😂

You have no idea what you’re talking about and have clearly never held a Fieldcraft, or taken the action out from the stock. 😂

Dang, it's weird that I remember my life and want has actually happened in it differently.

So now we're resorting to telling people that they haven't even held something that they've actually owned because we disagree. This is such a funny bunch of people. I still have my invoice where I bought the thing from Euro Optic in 2018.
Yeah how HEAVY is that gun?????

That's their HIT competition rifle in the thumbnail, they're like 12lbs or so bare. It's not meant to be a light rifle, it's meant to be a heavy PRS rifle.

If you watch the video they go into how the Elements and PH2's are made and every individual part for them.