Fieldcraft is about to be back on the menu boys

That's the rifle they're holding in the thumbnail dude, they make many more rifles than that. They make a rifle thats lighter than the fieldcraft and folds. The SLAM 308 is 5lbs .5oz.
In all do respect my 18” thread 308 is 5lbs 2oz. The 21” 308 was somewhere around 5lb 1oz. So no they don’t make a rifle lighter than the fieldcraft. The point is you get on here and want to say the fieldcraft has a flimsy stock, and that the barrel is what keeps the stock from flexing ( you don’t know what your talking about with the fieldcraft stock) . I’m not ignorant when it comes to rifles, I get the fact that you like seekins or just trying to push them, I have nothing against the company, I just personally don’t like fit of the stocks on the seekins and I don’t like a folding stock either. All I’m saying if you don’t like the fieldcraft or think there’s better options then great! Just don’t say something about the brand that isn’t true.

In all do respect my 18” thread 308 is 5lbs 2oz. The 21” 308 was somewhere around 5lb 1oz. So no they don’t make a rifle lighter than the fieldcraft. The point is you get on here and want to say the fieldcraft has a flimsy stock, and that the barrel is what keeps the stock from flexing ( you don’t know what your talking about with the fieldcraft stock) . I’m not ignorant when it comes to rifles, I get the fact that you like seekins or just trying to push them, I have nothing against the company, I just personally don’t like fit of the stocks on the seekins and I don’t like a folding stock either. All I’m saying if you don’t like the fieldcraft or think there’s better options then great! Just don’t say something about the brand that isn’t true.

Pretty sure 5lbs .5oz is less than 5lbs 1oz and 5lbs 2oz…

Nevermind the fact the thing has an aluminum chassis block, folding stock, and adjustable cheek piece at that weight.

First i've ever seen the idea of someone FL bedding to stiffin a stock.. Read numerous times over the years about melvin forbes and others FL bedding to reduce harmonics in ultralight barrels.

Would be cool if seekins ditched the fluting and just made a lighter contour IMO.

Curious what you fieldcraft guys are torque your action screws to.Spec is 36/80.
I need to buy a few fix it sticks and they come in 35 or 40.
Picking up a 80 as well.

I used to follow this until I asked Mel Forbes what to do on my NULA. He told me it doesn't matter much, which is what I've found to be true. When you've got a tightly bedded rifle, the rifle just can't shift much in the stock and there's not much need to torque hard.

I just torque firmly with a regular screwdriver and don't worry about torquing to any spec.

I used to follow this until I asked Mel Forbes what to do on my NULA. He told me it doesn't matter much, which is what I've found to be true. When you've got a tightly bedded rifle, the rifle just can't shift much in the stock and there's not much need to torque hard.

I just torque firmly with a regular screwdriver and don't worry about torquing to any spec.
He told me the same, don't worry about it.

As long as the war machine keeps feeding them contracts, I don’t think they’re going to fire up the fieldcraft production line. The field craft production line operated under Trump when there were no significant foreign conflicts, and Barrett used the retail consumer market to supplement their revenue. Just a hunch.

As long as the war machine keeps feeding them contracts, I don’t think they’re going to fire up the fieldcraft production line. The field craft production line operated under Trump when there were no significant foreign conflicts, and Barrett used the retail consumer market to supplement their revenue. Just a hunch.
Yet another reason to vote for Trump. ;)

You are aware that production also ceased during Trump’s time as president, right?

Thus, it would seem unrelated.

You are aware that production also ceased during Trump’s time as president, right?

Thus, it would seem unrelated.
Yes, but it was supposed to be put on hold for one year and come back again, unfortunately we got hit with Covid in 2020 and in 2021 we got hit worse with Joe Biden.. If Trump was in office, we would have Fieldcrafts in production.Make America Great Again, and Make Great Fieldcrafts Again!!

Back