Fire on Top of Drainfield

It was $450 to have my tank pumped last yr.
I had to dig up the lid, he was there for an hour. And still had my poop smeared on his face when he left.
Its not gonna be free to have someone load an excavator and come over.

WoodBow

WKR
Go step in, shovel and dip your hands in 50 gallons of human poop before you make a career swap.
It may not be what your hoping for.
Unfortunately i have already been there and done that. I installed/serviced/repaired septic systems while i was in a college. I still do repairs for family and friends. Medical field isn't a field of roses either, it turns out.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

cbat

Lil-Rokslider
He is being overly cautious. We drive heavy equipment over ours and burn slash pile on it.
Have had fires that burn for days. Depending on how far from your tank you probably never get fluid that far in the field anyway.

49ereric

WKR
Wouldn’t worry about the perforated pipe past the first 10’ piece cuz all the fluids immediately drain out and the rest of the pipe never gets fluid.
I found this out by digging up a big raised bed for a resort years ago late 70’s) in hard pan clay that would not perk the fluid down. I just dug at the end of the bed deeply and then dug until I saw the rock and not one drop came out of the pipe it all ran out from the 1 1/2” rock layer.
The hole at the end of the bed was deep as I could go and filled with pit run sand and never another issue.
I dug up (by hand) my drain field when the tank solids plugged the perforated pipe. Bailed the tank by hand with bucket and rope. I live in the country and no neighbors right near me so no issues. Then dug the lines up until pipe was free of solids. Raised the discharge pipe as much as possible and added new 1 1/2” rock for 30’ in one direction and 10’ in another so I had @ 2 1/2’ of rock under the pipe gradually less until I got 30 feet out and never put but 10’ perforated pipe back in two directions from the discharge line T and never an issue but my ground perks very well and that was in 2014.
money save is anyone guess but thousands for sure and did the right thing and spent some of the save money on rifles powder and primers 👍👍
it took a few weeks to complete as I was working away from home as usual but I bought a grinder pump and pumped out the tank every Sunday before I left for the job.
Most people of course couldn’t do this but country life has it advantages and it helps to thoroughly understand the issues.