First Lite Sanctuary vs Solitude

Right now I have the sanctuary in my cart but just haven’t pulled the trigger. NE iowa, bowhunting and i will sit all day long in November. Been in the teens in the mornings some times and just have gutted it out but maybe i’m getting smarter or just a bigger puss, idk.

keep looking for Large in Fusion in classifieds in various forums but I haven’t stumbled across this combo yet.

I live in Wisconsin and own the Sanctuary Suit. They are definitely warm. I’ve warn the jacket from 40- to the negatives and the bibs as well. Last year gun season was 30 degrees with wind, all I wore was a base layer, my normal hunting pants, and a light hoody and was plenty toasty. Again, pack most of it in. If I can get away with it, I’ll wear the bibs in and have just a base layer on on the walk in. Sides of the bibs wide open. Late season I can usually do the same with one extra layer on top. Honestly it’s like wearing a big comfy sleeping bag, and it is dead quite. If I had to change one thing, I think it would be getting a Woodbury jacket, just because it would be much more versatile. Add a would layers underneath and you would be set. It’s definitely a sweet system. A lot of people say there’s not wind proofing, but I have yet to have wind effect me without proper layering.

Jdutton24

Lil-Rokslider
I live in Wisconsin and own the Sanctuary Suit. They are definitely warm. I’ve warn the jacket from 40- to the negatives and the bibs as well. Last year gun season was 30 degrees with wind, all I wore was a base layer, my normal hunting pants, and a light hoody and was plenty toasty. Again, pack most of it in. If I can get away with it, I’ll wear the bibs in and have just a base layer on on the walk in. Sides of the bibs wide open. Late season I can usually do the same with one extra layer on top. Honestly it’s like wearing a big comfy sleeping bag, and it is dead quite. If I had to change one thing, I think it would be getting a Woodbury jacket, just because it would be much more versatile. Add a would layers underneath and you would be set. It’s definitely a sweet system. A lot of people say there’s not wind proofing, but I have yet to have wind effect me without proper layering.
I didn't have the sanctuary. I had to solitudes and wind cut right through them. I should have went with sanctuary instead is the solitudes. I have stratus and fanatic now and can't see how can be cold not wind affect me

benellim2

FNG
I'm in Iowa and have tried both the Solitude and Sanctuary. Bought the Solitude first and it wasn't warm enough for December & January Iowa Late Muzzleloader season. If your on the fence and going to hunt past November go with the Sanctuary Jacket and Bibs. 5' 8" 170lb and the Medium is plenty big on me.

Milhouse58421

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Sanctuary parka.... it's as warm as my Sitka Incinerator parka, but A LOT quieter. It's a true cold weather parka. I can't comment on the bibs, but I'd imagine they're first rate as well. I just wear my Incinerator bibs with it..... yeah, nothing I have matches very well.

tonedover

FNG
Skip the solitude. I had the woodbury - it required too much layering into late season.

Get the incinerator, fanatic or sanctuary

nnotch

Lil-Rokslider
I was in the same boat... I have incinerator for late season.... I was going between solitude and the new stratus... wanted something insulated and windproof but quiet... ended up stumbling across Kryptek Vellus... brushed fleece outer, wind proof, insulated and cheaper. Amazon had pants/jacket for $150/each... just ordered them yesterday... excited to give them a shot

mosadalee

FNG
While you can read about this forever and the cost is high - there are two sets for a reason. Ideally you need both. Also depends on how you sit. Like sleeping bags, some people naturally sit warmer than others. My two best friends are entirely different. One can never get warm and the other rarely gets cold with much inferior gear. Personally I run a set of solitudes down to about 20's and then a heavier set of MT050's for cold weather. For Indiana, I am in the solitudes entirely more than the heavier stuff.

I'm in Iowa and have tried both the Solitude and Sanctuary. Bought the Solitude first and it wasn't warm enough for December & January Iowa Late Muzzleloader season. If your on the fence and going to hunt past November go with the Sanctuary Jacket and Bibs. 5' 8" 170lb and the Medium is plenty big on me.
Thanks for this. I'm on the fence between the 2 and this helps. As a 5'7 165ish Missourian, that hunts as long as the season is open, i'm going sanctuary...now i'm just concerned with durability i guess.

Not Vegan

FNG
I have the Sanctuary and it's not warm enough. A wind blocking layer and it may be good. It is quiet.

jackle1886

Lil-Rokslider
This surprises me. I've hunted in - 25* wind chills in a tree stand for hours and stayed warm. I can't imagine being cold in my sanctuary set. I can't even wear it until low 30s or mid 20s arrive.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

cruizer

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Sanctuary Jacket and have never had a jacket as warm as this is. Prior to this, my cold weather jacket was a Cabelas outfitter with windshear. To me the Santuary is a much warmer jacket for mid teens and lower temps. I have a MR pop up 28 pack and I can pack this with no problem. I believe you would be very happy with the Sanctuary. They do run on the large side. I am 5'10" 175 and the Med leaves plenty of room to layer.