First lite uncompagre jacket

I just bought this jacket from a member on here and just wanted to post a quick review for anyone that’s on the fence.

First thing I noticed was the cut through the chest, shoulders and arms. The first lite “shooters cut” is outstanding. The range of motion combined with relatively form fitting sleeves are a perfect match for the archer. The jacket runs very true to size if not a bit big. The shape of the hood is really nice. Add the elastic draw cords and you can suck it in to your face to help fight that chill off a bit more.

It’s a warm but not too warm jacket. I was outside all day yesterday in temps from 15-35 degrees and was comfortable the entire day whether sitting or walking. It is not an extreme cold weather puffy but up to and through October this will fit the bill great in my opinion.

It packs into its own pocket and will be my pillow on backpack trips I think.

Hope this little piece helps y’all. Cheers

stevevan

WKR
I just bought this jacket from a member on here and just wanted to post a quick review for anyone that’s on the fence.

First thing I noticed was the cut through the chest, shoulders and arms. The first lite “shooters cut” is outstanding. The range of motion combined with relatively form fitting sleeves are a perfect match for the archer. The jacket runs very true to size if not a bit big. The shape of the hood is really nice. Add the elastic draw cords and you can suck it in to your face to help fight that chill off a bit more.

It’s a warm but not too warm jacket. I was outside all day yesterday in temps from 15-35 degrees and was comfortable the entire day whether sitting or walking. It is not an extreme cold weather puffy but up to and through October this will fit the bill great in my opinion.

It packs into its own pocket and will be my pillow on backpack trips I think.

Hope this little piece helps y’all. Cheers
Great first impression review. I sure like mine a bunch as it's become my go to jacket.

Agree - It's my favorite puffy, only comment I would make is that it definitely runs big, I wear XL in almost all FL clothing but a Large is plenty big in the Uncompaghre

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider
I love my uncompahgre. I run a tad cold though so when it’s colder out I run it with an uncompahgre vest and it makes it very warm. I got the idea after watching meat eater and noticing that Steve wears the vest and jacket.

I’m a puffy whore. Of the hunting companies I have the uncompahgre, LPP, super down ultra, Sitka kelvin lite, and kuiu kenai. Uncompahgre is by far my favorite even if it’s not the warmest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agross

WKR
After thinking about buying one of these for quite a while, I finally broke down and bought one during their tag soup sale. Absolutely love this coat. My first thought was that the material was quieter than I expected it would be. The fit was great and is extremely comfortable. I got it in conifer so I could wear it around as well as hunting. Really glad I purchased it. It will be getting a lot of use.

stevie

Lil-Rokslider
I also picked one up from the sale. Excellent jacket, very comfortable and lightweight.

I also picked one up during the sale a couple weeks ago. So far I’ve been very impressed with the warmth ,how wind proof it is and the overall fit. For the price I don’t think it can be beat. I am curious if anyone has tried the Arcteryx Atom AR and compared it to the uncompahgre. The reason I’m interested is the Arcteryx should be nearly 4 oz lighter and uses 120 g/m2 insulation which should make it warmer. Overall though this is a great jacket that I can’t wait to use this fall!

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider
I also picked one up during the sale a couple weeks ago. So far I’ve been very impressed with the warmth ,how wind proof it is and the overall fit. For the price I don’t think it can be beat. I am curious if anyone has tried the Arcteryx Atom AR and compared it to the uncompahgre. The reason I’m interested is the Arcteryx should be nearly 4 oz lighter and uses 120 g/m2 insulation which should make it warmer. Overall though this is a great jacket that I can’t wait to use this fall!

If that’s true about the arcteryx then that is very impressive. Even the kifaru LPP is only 100g/m2.

How quiet is it compared to the Sitka Kelvin Lite Hoody?

the kelvin lite hoody is very quiet for a puffy and I wouldn’t hesitate archery hunting in it. I like that the first lite is warmer but i would rather be a little cold and silent than warm and noisy.

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider
How quiet is it compared to the Sitka Kelvin Lite Hoody?

the kelvin lite hoody is very quiet for a puffy and I wouldn’t hesitate archery hunting in it. I like that the first lite is warmer but i would rather be a little cold and silent than warm and noisy.

I have both and like both. The noisiness of the two jackets are pretty similar, but I think the FL uncompahgre is a tad quieter.

I love my uncompahgre. I run a tad cold though so when it’s colder out I run it with an uncompahgre vest and it makes it very warm. I got the idea after watching meat eater and noticing that Steve wears the vest and jacket.

I’m a puffy whore. Of the hunting companies I have the uncompahgre, LPP, super down ultra, Sitka kelvin lite, and kuiu kenai. Uncompahgre is by far my favorite even if it’s not the warmest.

Out of the synthetic puffy's which was do you think is the warmest?

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider
Out of the synthetic puffy's which was do you think is the warmest?

They all have their strengths and weaknesses. The LPP is the warmest but also the loudest, heaviest, and least packable. If I’m going to wear a jacket that heavy and bulky I’m going to bring my Montbell parka, that thing is a furnace with a gore windstopper layer so it’s very water resistant.

Kelvin lite is probably warmer than the uncompahgre but I don’t like the fit, it’s really short in the torso.

The uncompahgre has the best fit imo and is the quietest, but I wore it in the rain with a shell over it and I was really cold. Even with the uncompahgre vest underneath. Once I took the shell off I was immediately warm in the mid 30’s. That leads me to think it was being compressed under the shell. I think the kelvin lite is warmer for that reason.

Some interesting side note, I was wearing the kelvin lite around town and a pit bull got loose while I was walking my dog. I picked up my dog, a 25 lb French Bulldog, and the pitbull lunged at her, ripping my front pocket. I was actually impressed that the jacket wasn’t more destroyed. Some tenacious tape fixed it immediately. I gave that jacket to my dad, a lifelong backpacker and he loves it, even though it’s too heavy for him to take on a backpacking trip.

They all have their strengths and weaknesses. The LPP is the warmest but also the loudest, heaviest, and least packable. If I’m going to wear a jacket that heavy and bulky I’m going to bring my Montbell parka, that thing is a furnace with a gore windstopper layer so it’s very water resistant.

Kelvin lite is probably warmer than the uncompahgre but I don’t like the fit, it’s really short in the torso.

The uncompahgre has the best fit imo and is the quietest, but I wore it in the rain with a shell over it and I was really cold. Even with the uncompahgre vest underneath. Once I took the shell off I was immediately warm in the mid 30’s. That leads me to think it was being compressed under the shell. I think the kelvin lite is warmer for that reason.

Some interesting side note, I was wearing the kelvin lite around town and a pit bull got loose while I was walking my dog. I picked up my dog, a 25 lb French Bulldog, and the pitbull lunged at her, ripping my front pocket. I was actually impressed that the jacket wasn’t more destroyed. Some tenacious tape fixed it immediately. I gave that jacket to my dad, a lifelong backpacker and he loves it, even though it’s too heavy for him to take on a backpacking trip.

Really good insight. Thank you. I have owned the ucompahgre and was thinking going back to it. I have down now and love it, but alwasy nervious if it gets wet.

I am a little surprised that the kelvin lite may be warmer. The kelvin lite has 80gr in the body area vs 100gr in the body area of the uncompahre. Also, very interesting how it was cold under a shell.

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider
Really good insight. Thank you. I have owned the ucompahgre and was thinking going back to it. I have down now and love it, but alwasy nervious if it gets wet.

I am a little surprised that the kelvin lite may be warmer. The kelvin lite has 80gr in the body area vs 100gr in the body area of the uncompahre. Also, very interesting how it was cold under a shell.

Yeah I struggled with that as well. I think it comes down to the material. The kelvin lite is primaloft which is considered the gold standard of synthetic puffys. The uncompahgre uses FL’s proprietary 37.5 cocona fabric. Also the unc is 60 g in the sleeves which isn’t great.

j3butch

Lil-Rokslider

I’d love to add the vest to my kit but can’t seem to catch it in stock!