First lite uncompagre jacket

The uncompahgre has the best fit imo and is the quietest, but I wore it in the rain with a shell over it and I was really cold. Even with the uncompahgre vest underneath. Once I took the shell off I was immediately warm in the mid 30’s. That leads me to think it was being compressed under the shell. I think the kelvin lite is warmer for that reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s funny. I had the exact same experiences with my unpronounceable. Alone, it was just right and warm. But when I put a bono harness or another jacket over it, it was like all the warmth it provided went away. Everyone I asked said they didn’t notice any difference but I always wondered if the insulation was being compressed and rendered useless.

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider
That’s funny. I had the exact same experiences with my unpronounceable. Alone, it was just right and warm. But when I put a bono harness or another jacket over it, it was like all the warmth it provided went away. Everyone I asked said they didn’t notice any difference but I always wondered if the insulation was being compressed and rendered useless.

Yeah it’s unfortunate because otherwise my favorite jacket. Unfortunately the compression is a deal breaker for me.

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider
Have you found another puffy that you prefer?

I already own the Sitka kelvin lite so I think I’m going to try that for awhile. Seems like the best synthetic puffy option from the major hunting brands

I already own the Sitka kelvin lite so I think I’m going to try that for awhile. Seems like the best synthetic puffy option from the major hunting brands

Do you find it warmer than the unpronounceable?