First Lite Zip offs first test

So I received my First Lite order two days ago which included the new Zip off long johns. Obviously it is still 95 degrees here in California so i cannot comment on how well they function as a layer to keep you warm but I wore them around the house for awhile and at no time was i even aware there was a zipper running down my leg. I tried the other brand of Zip offs and was always aware of that zipper to the point where it was flat out annoying. Hopefully in a few months I will be able to report back and tell everyone the zippers held up perfectly, they kept me warm and a little less stinky. For now I can report these seem to be a game changer for me. I love the idea of being able to take these on and off without removing my boots. So far an A+

Following, I've been waiting for someone to leave a review before I ordered a set. I dont like how thick the zipper top cover is on the Kuiu, constant reminder on the right hip. How are the FL in comparison?

bozeman

WKR
these interest me, but the Kuiu's just weren't comfy. I like the concept, but the true application was flawed. Being in Alabama, its difficult to truly gauge effectiveness on warmth......but I think the 3/4 length has potential! Thanks for the info.

xcutter

WKR
I have very large calves. Do you think these would tend to ride up towards the knee while wearing them? That's the only thing really holding me back about buying them. I would need the XXL size as well. Thanks.

tdhanses

WKR
I went with the furnace boot top, 32” inseam and I went with the large. Extremely comfortable.

A9172E8E-7999-4E50-93D8-CEB7F1E35876.jpegCCB96835-C8B9-4555-9FB8-C78C8EEBD479.jpeg

tdhanses

WKR
I have very large calves. Do you think these would tend to ride up towards the knee while wearing them? That's the only thing really holding me back about buying them. I would need the XXL size as well. Thanks.

I think they’ll fit large calves also I don’t feel they’ll ride up but only time will tell.

Woodmo

FNG
Following, I've been waiting for someone to leave a review before I ordered a set. I dont like how thick the zipper top cover is on the Kuiu, constant reminder on the right hip. How are the FL in comparison?
I am curious about this as well.

I went with the furnace boot top, 32” inseam and I went with the large. Extremely comfortable.

View attachment 203515View attachment 203516
Interesting, I just got the Fuse boot top in medium. Most pants I buy are 33x32, and they fit great up top just are too short. They look about 3-4 inches shorter than yours so I have a pretty big gap between the top of my boots and the bottom of the Fuse.

Since the website doesn't list the actual inseam for the boot top's, it's tough to know if they will be too short or not. The full length mediums probably would look the same on me as your boot top large.

cobbc03

Lil-Rokslider
I am curious about this as well.
They are extremely comfortable. I wore them just once without another layer under them, I felt the zipper all of 15 seconds until I started walking with them. If you've been on the fence, take the leap, I'm sure you would love them.

I got a pair of the full length kiln bottoms a few months back, have only had them out a few times but always under boots and a backpack, still haven't noticed the zipper is there while hiking. Definitely a game changer being able to strip the base bottoms off without having to remove boots/gaiters!