Fjallraven or Kuiu?

JMichigan

FNG
Looking for a good pant that will get me through most of archery season. I have the Kuiu attacks and really like them, they are a little warm for me if its over 70 and they have held up really well for the abuse but one pair finally got a hole in it. The Kutanas sound like they would be perfect, but also considering Fjallraven. I have no Fjallraven and not sure if they even make a pant that is on par with the Kutana as far as weight and durability. Anyone with experience with the Kutana or Fjallraven I'd greatly appreciate to hear your thoughts. Thank you.

trevvamos

Lil-Rokslider
Have you opened the side vents on the attack pant? To me there is no better archery pant than the attack.

I too am a huge fan of the Attack pants, but they run hot for my liking (I run hot in general), even with the fart vents fully opened.

Here's my rundown of a couple pairs of pants I tried: https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/my-early-season-pants-review-over-analysis-incoming.225115/

Add to that list of pants the Cottonwood Creek by Black Ovis. These were waaaaay too loud for archery.

I've also tried the Born Primitive pants and wasn't a fan of the fit.

I keep coming back to the Prana Zions. I hear they are bringing back the original fit and material.

I too am a huge fan of the Attack pants, but they run hot for my liking (I run hot in general), even with the fart vents fully opened.

Here's my rundown of a couple pairs of pants I tried: https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/my-early-season-pants-review-over-analysis-incoming.225115/

Add to that list of pants the Cottonwood Creek by Black Ovis. These were waaaaay too loud for archery.

I keep coming back to the Prana Zions. I hear they are bringing back the original fit and material.
Thank goodness! I don’t hate the new ones but not a fan of fit or material

OP
JMichigan

JMichigan

FNG
Have you opened the side vents on the attack pant? To me there is no better archery pant than the attack.
Yeah and it’s one of the reason I will not buy a pant that doesn't have vents, I use them so much. I agree though, it’s a pant that is hard to beat. Just looking for something that’s a little lighter that’s tough. Sitka apex are nice but they tear easily.

inkedspot

FNG
I use the Kutana pants a lot. One of my favorites. Very durable and can be used into pretty serious heat with the side vents open.

sr80

WKR
sitka ascents are a nice hot weather pant, and very durable for how thin they are. Although they dont have zippered legs, ive never really needed them. ( im sure if they did they'd be even better though) I open the front pocket zips and they seem to do a decent job.

I have Attacks, Kutanas and Tiburons. My favorite by far for warm to hot weather hunting are the Tiburons.

OCHO505

Lil-Rokslider
I will have to give the Kutanas a shot. I have always thought the attach's were definitely too hot. I have some older Tiburons they are worn but are perfect. I bought a new pair and they feel nothing a like. This is a downer with KUIU at times. Things change so frequently!

Fire_9

WKR
I like my tibourons way more than my attacks. I've even worn my tibourons in some pretty cold temps with a light base layer. They're hands down my favorite hunting pant

Kuiu pant fan here. Attacks, pros, tiburons and axis hybrids. I agree attacks are a little steamy over 70 or so but I am a sweat hog.

I have some fjallraven stuff. It is cool and works fairly well but the stuff I have is their g1000 fabric, which is tight weave cotton Polly blend and not waterproof unless you wax the hell out of it. depending on how much you was it, it is more or less waterproof and less or more breathable. I wear waxed cotton stuff on day hikes and when I want some hipster pizazz, but for me, technical fabrics (non cotton) with stretch are a better option for longer trips.

IMO stay with your attacks. Pick up a set of Tiburons for really hot days.

Toadman

FNG
I have KUIU Pro pants and a pair of axis hybrids along with a pair of 5.11 pants (can't remember which model). I haven't even needed the Axis yet, but I love the pros when in below 80* weather with the vents open.

I'd recommend checking out 5.11's selection too, I love the pair I have for hot weather, working, hiking, etc.

I'm not a fan of anything waxed on my legs because I sweat too much and prefer not to worry about the pants changing size or performance because I threw them in the washer.

rcb2000

WKR

Where did you hear about the zions coming back with the old material? Man I hope that’s true..

MattB

WKR
Love the Tiburons for hot weather. We hunt in 95+ every year and they are by far the best I have worn for hot weather. My favorite hunting pants are the Attacks, but not above 75 or so.