Fjallraven or Kuiu?

Hondo0925

Lil-Rokslider
Have you checked out stone glaciers de haviland light pants. The full side zip is sweet.
FYI. I don’t have the lights but do own the regular style and they are bomb proof. But too heavy for me in September

JDBAK

Lil-Rokslider
I have Fjallraven Kebs. I love them, but they aren’t light. For me, they are a comfortable, durable heavy brush pant that will last near forever. Like an updated Filson tin pant that you can actually move in.
If I had to have 1 pair of pants to live for the next 6 months in the bush, they’d be great.
But probably not easiest choice for long distance alpine hunts.

madcalfe

WKR
i have the following pants
kuiu Aplines (not made anymore)
kuiu chinook
Kuiu attack
kuiu talus
kuiu guides
kuiu attack pro's
fjallraven Keb

the last 2 years I've been using strictly the fjallraven keb pants for my august sheep hunts.
their heavier and a little warmer than the attacks but there bombproof.
prior to that it was the kuiu alpine pant.

OP
JMichigan

JMichigan

FNG
Kutana pants felt like skinny jeans.
I've read that. I don't mind an athletic fit as long its not squeezing the goods haha. I have sitka apex pants and they are more fitted but seem to have some stretch to them. Downside with those were durability.

guylaga

Lil-Rokslider
I see it has been mentioned a few times already but check out the SG De Haviland lites.

The leg zip runs from mid calf to upper thigh and vents way more than Kuiu.

OP
JMichigan

JMichigan

FNG
i have the following pants
kuiu Aplines (not made anymore)
kuiu chinook
Kuiu attack
kuiu talus
kuiu guides
kuiu attack pro's
fjallraven Keb

the last 2 years I've been using strictly the fjallraven keb pants for my august sheep hunts.
their heavier and a little warmer than the attacks but there bombproof.
prior to that it was the kuiu alpine pant.
Ive read great things about those. Sound like a good all around pant, just looking for something not as hot as my attacks. The durability is something I really want too. Lightweight for hot weather and durability don't always go hand in hand, but it sounds like these two companies may have pants that fit what I'm looking for. I may look at those Kebs to replace my attacks if those get torn up.

OP
JMichigan

JMichigan

FNG
I see it has been mentioned a few times already but check out the SG De Haviland lites.

The leg zip runs from mid calf to upper thigh and vents way more than Kuiu.
How is the noise? I read somewhere they were a little noisy.

OP
JMichigan

JMichigan

FNG
Have you checked out stone glaciers de haviland light pants. The full side zip is sweet.
FYI. I don’t have the lights but do own the regular style and they are bomb proof. But too heavy for me in September
Going to give them a look. Thanks

I just picked up a pair of the 206 Stone Glacier pants. The fit is excellent, not as tapered as the Kutana. Minimal fabric noise. Seems like it will be a great addition for early season hunting with the thigh vents. I find the Attacks way too hot for early season hunting.

bram751

FNG
I am no gear expert but I have been wearing a pair of Fjallraven Kebb's all winter spring and summer hunting in AK. Like others have said, they are bomb proof and have a lifetime warranty (only in North America). They have upper and lower leg zippers for ventilation. My only critique is that they have no back pockets and it would be cool if there was a mesh liner for the side zippers so I don't get bug bit on my legs. As a matter of fact, I have thrown out all my blue jeans and just purchased a couple pairs of Fjallraven pants for my daily divers.

Pacohunts

FNG
I hunt CA so most of the season is hot as balls.

I first bought the First Lite Obsidian. they breathe well and stretch nice but when you're going through the brush they catch everything. Durability wise I dont think they'd last so I found myself really having to baby them while walking thru the thick stuff.

Next purchased the Fjalraven Vidda Pro ventelated. built super durable with G-1000 fabric. I never have a second thought about walking thru thick stuff and they've held up great so far. Definitely hotter than the FL but I open all the vents and I walk around with my ass exposed, its great.

I also picked up some Kuhl Renegade convertable pants. I wore this all preseason while I was scouting. Super lightweight and love the ability zip into shorts if I need to. They don't feel the most durable so I wont be beating brush with them but if you're mostly on the trail or just for a basic hike, great buy.

tracker12

WKR
Another Kutana fan for hot weather. No way I could wear the attacks in warmer weather.

I have the non ventilated fjallraven vidda pro. Been wearing them as my only hunting pants since 2019. I have probably 30 hard days of use a year on them... Scrub oaks and stuff like that. I think there's one tiny hole in a cargo pocket that's been there since day 1 and hasn't gotten any bigger.

I'm likely going to try the keb when there die, just to try out the mix of stretch fabric with hard wearing g1000.

Check out the Barneys PA-18 pants. Based on Keb design with a 4 way stretch super fabric. I grab them every time now over my Fjallraven models.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

jd1006

WKR
I’m not sure why all companies don’t incorporate the boot hooks in the pants like Fjallraven has been doing on most of their pants. Absolutely brilliant - most times I don’t need gaiters, just need to make sure the pant stays tight to the boot. Their Keb line is great.

Fjallraven Keb pants are great.

If you’re looking for a lightweight version, to be used in warmer weather, I’d recommend the Abisko Lite Trekking pants.

The fit, pockets and reinforced areas, along with the upper thigh vents are the same, for both pants.

The primary differences are the G-1000 Lite in the Abiskos versus G-1000 fabric in the Kebs and the Abisko’s don’t have calf zippers (IMO: not very useful).