FL Brooks under The FL Uncompadre Puffy?

rbljack

WKR
Anybody tried this combo for a mid to late season backpack hunt? Because I already have the UnCompadre, wondering if this combo would be enough for later season or bad weather when it gets below 30's and lower activity levels when glassing on a windy ridge. I would also be wearing a FL base layer, and probably also have the fleece layer on me which is my normal wear items. Rain Jacket is also in the pack for rain and wind and Puffy Pants in the pack and available.
I am also considering just buying the chamberlin, but wondering if this 10 ounce addition of the Brooks sweater would be more versatile.

Evaluating different layering options during the off season is all....thanks!

FlyingDutchman

Lil-Rokslider
I think your idea is sound and would probably work. IMO I’d choose a different down puffy though. I do love first lite but feel like the brooks is lacking down fill if you want to use for late season. Even though they are advertised as similar fill weight to my casual wear Patagonia down sweater, the brooks I had seemed to have much less loft and warmth. It also took a long time to regain loft when pulled out of my pack.
Or maybe they just forgot to fill mine up at the factory?

HoneyDew

WKR
It’s works. Only inconvenience is the double hoods. That’s why I got the Brooks vest when I just want it as an insulation layer. Personally I think it’s spot on warmth to weight. I run the Brooks jacket when I don’t need double insulation or when I need a tougher shell and throw a rain jacket over it.

Lowg08

WKR
I spoke with the guys at First Lite and it was not recommended to wear the brooks under as a mid layer( at least possibly compressed . It defeats the purpose of the loft. So I went with the kuiu kenai ultra under a brooks down ( up a size). I have it set up to wear a jetstream vest over the kenai but under the brooks