FL Chamberlain... Fill weight?

Another puffy thread, yes, I know. However, I just can't seem to find the actually fill weight for the First Lite Chamberlain. I have an estimation based on it's overall weight but would love to know the real number. Any help?

Hoodie

WKR
I can't remember the exact numbers, but when I looked at it it was the best value as far as ounces of high fill power down vs cost. I get a military discount but I'm pretty sure this was the case even at normal price. It's a good deal.

11g according to their video. Fast forward to 3:10

I watched it, but this video can’t be right? 11g is equal to .38 oz.

For reference, the Kuiu super down pro has 5oz of 850 fill and the chamberlain is purportedly much warmer than that.

Lowg08

WKR
It advertises 30% more fill than it’s closest competitors. The kuiu super down ultra is 380G/13.5452 ounces. So if we go off of the hunting brand and not the hiking companies also. This is the highest i can find. It would put the chamberlain at 494G. 17.4253 ounces would be the actual amount of fill. Best I can do for you

TX4ever

Lil-Rokslider
It advertises 30% more fill than it’s closest competitors. The kuiu super down ultra is 380G/13.5452 ounces. So if we go off of the hunting brand and not the hiking companies also. This is the highest i can find. It would put the chamberlain at 494G. 17.4253 ounces would be the actual amount of fill. Best I can do for you
380g is the total weight of the super down pro. It has like 5oz of fill.

I read somewhere that it has 9.5oz of fill which seems pretty accurate based on how lofty it is.

Last edited:

Lowg08

WKR
380g is the total weight of the super down pro. It has like 5oz of fill.

I read somewhere that it has 9.5oz of fill which seems pretty accurate based on how lofty it is.
My bad. Lol. It was late. After lookin again the chamberlain would have. 6.49 oz of fill.

Last edited:

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Another puffy thread, yes, I know. However, I just can't seem to find the actually fill weight for the First Lite Chamberlain. I have an estimation based on it's overall weight but would love to know the real number. Any help?

I really hate when companies do not list fill weight. Below was passed to tester on backpacking light.

“This garment is a 11 oz fill, 80/20 mix of 800 fill down and 37.5 synthetic.”

It isn’t a readily available fact and I think you’d have to call FL to get the actual number. A love is closest thing I’ve seen to fact.

Lowg08

WKR
I’ve been looking around at different companies this morning while my wife has doctors appointments. I give up trying to figure it out. I just know. The chamberlain is warm I love mine

I don't know exactly what the fill weight is, but the FL Chamberlin is easily twice as much loft and waaaaaay warmer than KUIU SD Pro or SG Grumman. It's not even a comparison, Chamberlin blows those two away.

I've tried almost everything from the hunting brands and the only ones I've kept are the Chamberlin and Sitka Down WS.

OP
stephen_seeks
I don't know exactly what the fill weight is, but the FL Chamberlin is easily twice as much loft and waaaaaay warmer than KUIU SD Pro or SG Grumman. It's not even a comparison, Chamberlin blows those two away.

I've tried almost everything from the hunting brands and the only ones I've kept are the Chamberlin and Sitka Down WS.

Man, so frustrating to not be able to obtain the true specs.

Which would you recommend for a November backpacking hunt? The Sitka is like 7 ounces heavier and I would *assume* doesn't pack as well, but if it performs better, I'd be willing to put up with it...

Man, so frustrating to not be able to obtain the true specs.

Which would you recommend for a November backpacking hunt? The Sitka is like 7 ounces heavier and I would *assume* doesn't pack as well, but if it performs better, I'd be willing to put up with it...
So its probably not quite as warm but I have a puffy jacket and a puffy vest. Seems like a more versatile system.