Flush Cups - Can you still carry over the shoulder?

Ordering a new stock and trying to decide on flush cups vs. studs. If you do flush cups both on one side of the stock, can you still carry the rifle vertically over one shoulder? I get the slung over the chest or back like an AR, but I’d still want to be able to go over one shoulder. Anybody run both?

I've switched to flush cups on most of my hunting rifles and I find it lays flatter on my side. The rear one I like below center of my buttpad so it doesn't want to flap out when on my side.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Flush cups on the side and the rifle lays flat across your back. 100%!!!

OP
ndlawrence
Flush cups on the side and the rifle lays flat across your back. 100%!!!
I get that it does that, but can you still carry over one shoulder?

Use case: whitetail hunting with small backpack, can’t carry across back

I really like the grovtec recessed swivels. Zero chance of them accidentally getting pushed and falling out sending your rifle into the dirt.

SDHNTR

WKR
I don’t understand flush cups. Ugly, tacticool nonsense, imo. I hunt with a backpack on. Don’t most people? I don’t understand how you’d hunt the west without one. There’s no slinging flat across my back. Nor my chest, due to a bino pouch. I want a sling that places the rifle on my side, under my arm, the way God intended. Or it’s strapped to my pack with no need for a sling at all. Flush cups fix a problem that doesn’t exist and are fugly to boot.

lungpuncher1

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t understand flush cups. Ugly, tacticool nonsense, imo. I hunt with a backpack on. Don’t most people? I don’t understand how you’d hunt the west without one. There’s no slinging flat across my back. Nor my chest, due to a bino pouch. I want a sling that places the rifle on my side, under my arm, the way God intended. Or it’s strapped to my pack with no need for a sling at all. Flush cups fix a problem that doesn’t exist and are fugly to boot.

I bet you are real fun at a party

ljalberta

WKR
I’ve never thought of flush cups as tactical or tacticool. I just like them because they make carrying a rifle comfortable with a sling. Didn’t realize a little hole in the side of a stock could be so polarizing.

I also hunt out west and rarely use a sling, but when I do, flush cups sure are nice.

And tacticool dudes with flush cups on their “precision rifles” are?
You were in the ARC thread ranting against detachable magazines too. I'm starting to see a trend.

images

I wear a bono harness on my chest so I don’t use the ones on the non-bolt side but I have them on all my rifles now on the bottom instead of sling studs. When I’m hunting I take my sling off and there is also less chance of the studs snagging on clothing when shouldering the rifle.