FNG from VA

Bjonesy

FNG
Been a Lurker for the past few months and figured it’s finally time to pull the trigger.

I’ll be 42 next month and I’ve been hunting, fishing, camping my whole life. Most of what I hunt is whitetail and waterfowl. But recently my buddy and I have to decided to up our game (pun intended) and head out to CO next year for elk during rifle season. So that gives me about a year and a half to acquire all the gear/clothing needed and get in better shape. I’m trying to learn as much as I can and this place has been a wealth of knowledge! I only hope that I can return the favor.

I’m an electrician and married with a 10yo son who absolutely loves camping and being outdoors. I also manage my own not-for-profit homestead where we raise meat chickens, egg laying hens, and a very large garden that produces a years worth of food. Hope to add a few pigs next year. Then I won’t have to buy hog fat for my ground venison.

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new VA member.

Eddie

P.S. What part of VA? Based on your intro, I'll bet not the part I'm from, which is Va. Beach. :D

OP
B

Bjonesy

FNG
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new VA member.

Eddie

P.S. What part of VA? Based on your intro, I'll bet not the part I'm from, which is Va. Beach. :D
Thank you sir! Actually my wife grew up in Va Beach. Has family near Chicks Beach that we visit regularly. But no, we live about 45 min west of Richmond. Almost midway between Richmond and Charlottesville.