Frame pack and saddle hunting

ljaq516

FNG
Sorry I don’t have any pictures. I one stick but use a platform when in the tree. This past year I began dumping everything including the saddle into the pack for the walk in and out. Once at the tree I’d cinch the bag back down to compress it for while in the tree. I was using a Badlands Diablo Dos and I was happier with the organization in the EXO due to cinching it down even though it was a much larger bag.

I did take a multi day hunt and for that I strapped the stick and saddle to the back of the pack and slipped the platform between the pack and the frame. Worked out really well and I was happy with how it performed.

Good to know. I was looking for something that could versatile with day hunts and multi day. Sounds like I should def consider the Exo. I’ve looked into SG and Kifaru also but really like Exo for its simplicity. I haven’t had a chance to play with any of them I’m person but probably look into what the return policies are for them so I can see in person what they’re like. Thanks for the feedback!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use my Old MR Metcalf frame with a Mule pack. Put the sticks and platform in the load out shelf, wear my saddle in. Unload everything at the base of the tree. I have my first two sticks on the ground and one on each hip with the platform clipped in on my tailbone portion of the saddle. Put my bow or rifle in the loadoutshelf, attach all the straps to the frame, and use my pull up rope.

Takes me a bit of time as I try to move slow to prevent excessive noise, and I'm afraid of heights by nature, but it works well for me.

This season I used my saddle and Summit Viper in hybrid mode and put the necessaries in an old Cabela's fanny pack and locked into the platform. That worked well too.

jeffb321

FNG
Like the person above, I put my sticks and platform in the load shelf of a MR pop up 38 and could cinch them to the outside to pack out using the load shelf.

I have a k2 frame and i fasten a kuiu 1800 without waist belt on it,take the 1800 up.
Only use this system if packing something out.
Kuiu only if not.

dj1975232

Lil-Rokslider
I'm using my Reckoning because its what I have. Platform and Sticks strapped down between the pack and frame. I've been looking at picking up a Stryker XL to slim down a bit but haven't made the jump. I wear the pack up and hang it low enough to my right that it's out of my way but I can still access if necessary.

Dbnd

FNG
I really like the Kuiu pack system with the 1800 for a bag, cinched down tight.

Strapping 3 sticks to the outside works well, it’s big enough to carry food/layers for a full day, and I’ve packed out a few quartered whitetails on the frame. I clip it to a daisy chain with a non locking carabiner. I could see dropping the waste strap but it doesn’t bother me and helps with the pack out.

Aklint

FNG
I also love the Kuiu pack system for my saddle and hang and hunt set ups. 1800 for the early season and 3600 for the mid and late season when I bring more layers. Sticks get lashed to the side and my platform to the front which leaves plenty of room in the meatshelf for my, hopfeful, pack out.