Frankford Arsenal M Press

melancon

FNG
I can get one for well below MAP pricing, is it really trash compared to the Forrester CoAx?

I broke the jaws in about 5 minutes on mine. Case was lubed but not quite enough. Bent the jaws and stripped a screw on the downstroke. IMO there are some structural weak points. Never used a Forster so I cannot compare directly. Have an RCBS rockchucker that has been solid. Even had to use a mallet to hammer on the handle pulling some bullets that were cold welded stuck and no issues.

OP
melancon

melancon

FNG
I broke the jaws in about 5 minutes on mine. Case was lubed but not quite enough. Bent the jaws and stripped a screw on the downstroke. IMO there are some structural weak points. Never used a Forster so I cannot compare directly. Have an RCBS rockchucker that has been solid. Even had to use a mallet to hammer on the handle pulling some bullets that were cold welded stuck and no issues.
I ran a Hornady Classis for well over 10 years and its finally getting too sloppy for me and lookin into changing things up. Thanks for the info!

-Mel

I ran a Hornady Classis for well over 10 years and its finally getting too sloppy for me and lookin into changing things up. Thanks for the info!

-Mel
Might want to try tightening some of the bolts. My RCBS was getting some slop until I tightened everything down the other day

OP
melancon

melancon

FNG
Might want to try tightening some of the bolts. My RCBS was getting some slop until I tightened everything down the other day
It was more of a bushing issue, had them send me a new one then decided to just try something new.

wyosam

WKR

One way to make that simpler is to bump them deeper enough with a seater to break them loose. That way you’re on the strong side of the stroke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One way to make that simpler is to bump them deeper enough with a seater to break them loose. That way you’re on the strong side of the stroke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s a good idea I’ll have to try it 👍🏻👍🏻

z987k

WKR
The jaws broke on mine also rather quickly. It's a common problem if you google it. There's a fix where you tear it apart, drill and tap some larger screw sizes. If I were to be buying one now, I would get the forester.