Fudd?

Yoder

WKR
Yep, its not that language cant evolve, because it does but as more and more things are added under the umbrella of a Fudd, it loses its meaning. Its meant to be an insult and if it gets used for everything, it loses it ability to be an insult.

It becomes exactly like being called a racist for something that is not racism. You dont care because your not racist.

Now, I will stop being the word Nazi.
You are like, literally Hitler.

TaperPin

WKR
When I choose an ai Elmer Fudd avatar, what I didn’t expect was to have a rifle that shoots missiles - that’s more a Wile E Coyote thing, but it’s growing on me. *chuckle*

You young guys are a lot of fun - and everything you’re talking about today will be made fun of by your kids as they over explain why their way of doing things is better. *chuckle*

B2F00A72-BDA7-4730-B865-D6F48AAA3A21.jpeg

You needed a Ted talk to figure out that a square knot holds better?

I learned a square knot in boy scouts, but I'm not sure that a shoelace knot is technically a square knot. Maybe you're a real shoelace pro, or just a keyboard warrior, but based on the number of people I see tying their shoes the way I used to I'm guessing that we didn't all learn lacing 101 from the same class.

giphy.gif

I get called a Fudd because I like bolt guns more than ARs and double barrel sub gauges more than both combined.

Despite the fact that I have no issue with other people having suppressed SBRs, I just don't want to spend the money on one.

chav0_12

FNG
I learned a square knot in boy scouts, but I'm not sure that a shoelace knot is technically a square knot. Maybe you're a real shoelace pro, or just a keyboard warrior, but based on the number of people I see tying their shoes the way I used to I'm guessing that we didn't all learn lacing 101 from the same class.

giphy.gif
I imagine not. I realized it on my own 🤷‍♂️. I know it’s not really a square knot, but it has the same shape and characteristics of one, it just has the loops for quick release. It’s definitely not an “idiot knot” (that’s what we called them), like what is seemingly usually tied on shoes.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Regarding the question that started this thread: It is a lazy label applied to others by people who are tired of explaining why "common knowledge" is wrong.

The shoe tying thing is hilarious, I forget how poor most people are with knots. How to tie a proper bow knot being revolutionary is funny. True square knots work well with high topped boots, just wrap the extra lace around the top of the boot before tying. However, adding an extra turn to the top of a bow knot holds very well, something like a reversed surgeons knot with bows. It locks the loops in.

Squincher

WKR
It's a lazy and convenient way to invalidate the person when you can't invalidate the argument, used by people who must believe their way is the best way and thus the only way. Among many other examples in current use.

Walmart Greeter

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone who shoots anything other than a 6.5 Creedmoor.

If 1200 yards is too far for you.

If you don’t have a YouTube channel

If you hunt for meat.

If your house cost more than what’s in your pack.

If you think Nightforce makes high end optics.

If you don’t hate Matt Rinella.

If you’re not top 20 in the total posts.

If you remember when the NRA was reputable

If you know what a carburetor is

If your muzzle loader has to be loaded through the muzzle

In PA it's anyone over 60 who hates semi auto rifles, hunting on Sundays and thinks we shouldn't shoot does but should have two buck tags with no antler restrictions. Then it would be even better than the "good old days". I started hunting right around the end of the "good old days". It was awesome. You would see 10-20 does a day and if you were lucky, you might kill a 1 1/2 yr old 8 pt with a 10 in spread every couple years. Otherwise it was spike bucks. Now, according to them, there's no deer. In reality, now is the good old days. We're killing bigger bucks than ever.

The difference is not everyone is infatuated with antler size. Some people just like killing (and eating) stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

IdahoBeav

WKR
Valid point on Barney but…..

Public schools were fine (nit saying I agree with their creation) but they are nothing but a shit show today……

Statistically, they have been on a steady decline since the US Dept of Education began operation some 45 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Yoder

WKR
The difference is not everyone is infatuated with antler size. Some people just like killing (and eating) stuff.

A deer herd of 10 to 1 doe to bucks isn't healthy. I also guarantee if anyone had a spike buck and a 130 in 10pt walk up together, they are shooting the 10pt every time.

Billinsd

WKR
A Fudd is someone who likes some certain guns, generally for hunting. However, they are weak supporters of the 2nd Amendment if at all, or don’t really care about new restrictive gun regulations. They don’t care if guns they don’t like or shoot get banned or restricted. Generally they are against ARs, other semi auto guns, and high capacity magazines. For instance some may remember the very famous hunter/Fudd Jim Zumbo who publicly disparaged ARs and was mercilessly shamed and never recovered. People disparagingly called him Dumbo!

Last edited: